Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't know what to do with my life, I've gotten to a point where I keep thinking the only way for me to grow up and be truly happy is to get out of my house and find a job. I'm currently working at my family's business but ever since I was a child I've hated that place. IF I choose to find another job I would be earning a lot less money and it wouldn't be a very stable job, with the current economic situation I don't know if it would be wise to do that, but again I'm already miserable every single day working there.
Whenever I start making plans about my future I remember how my life has been one failure after the other, that excitement of thinking of new things to do vanishes and the road ahead just seems like a dark sad place...
Do you think leaving my parent's house and finding another job would help me become a more mature confident man?

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm seventeen as you can see so feel free to disregard this advice it you want because I'm certainly not a man myself (yet).

I would say yeah, it would. It would at least help. Not having to depend on others for help certainly helps you grow into a more self-sufficient, independent person. You won't become a man the second you move out, but I think it'll help.

However, like you said in this economy if you think you're making a good enough salary now you might want to stay where you are. At least for the time being until you're sure you wouldn't be taking as much of an economic risk leaving your family's business.so basically I would say yes, leaving would help you grow individually as a person but financially it would probably be best for you to stay right now.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
yes, it would but you should make sure that you are prepared financially and mentally before you do. it'll be hard but you'll be proud of yourself for making a huge change and being independent.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm a true believer that if you don't enjoy your work and/or the people there go ahead and quit, because if you're not even enjoying it and spending soo many hours it's just a waste and in the long run you'll only be miserable. but it's probally best to find a second job before you quit.. as for moving out it could be nice especially if you're thinking about it then you should be ready to make the change. just make sure you have some savings and a decent plan before you move though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been so fixed on the idea of being independent that I completely forgot to make a decent plan to live alone. Sometimes I just worry about the goal without thinking about the road that lies before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.