Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I considered taking someone to small claims court once. I had no idea how I would do it with my SA, though. Still, I entertained the thought and even got a special request form packet for the disabled, thinking that maybe I could get the court cleared out LOL except for the parties involved, based on my fear of speaking in front of others. In the end, I just chickened out altogether and never went through with it.

What was the question? ;)

Oh, I guess you're saying the opposite - that you could speak at small claims court, but that it might get you locked up. LOL Yeah, I have been aggressive with cops, which I think is just compensation for my usual passivity. :um

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, I usually try to avoid confrontation: passive...passive...passive...until it builds up and I finally EXPLODE. Not good. I did that with two friends in the not-so-distant past. One treated me like crap, and the other took advantage of me...then, eventually, I couldn't take it anymore and let them know...in a volatile way. In their case, it was no real loss to dump them as friends, since they weren't good to me anyway, but I need to start asserting myself earlier in the relationship, rather than saying nothing and then blasting people verbally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.