Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
JohnnyEnnui said:
Yeah, I usually try to avoid confrontation: passive...passive...passive...until it builds up and I finally EXPLODE. Not good. I did that with two friends in the not-so-distant past. One treated me like crap, and the other took advantage of me...then, eventually, I couldn't take it anymore and let them know...in a volatile way. In their case, it was no real loss to dump them as friends, since they weren't good to me anyway, but I need to start asserting myself earlier in the relationship, rather than saying nothing and then blasting people verbally.
I'm like that and I need to change. I have trouble when I have to set boundaries for people. I give an inch and it becomes a foot and then a yard and I snap. Have a real prob w/ communicating and let things go for too long before I say anything. My best friend gf left him and he became a real dick for almost 2 yrs and I let it go until I just couldn't stand him anymore and just snapped one night at him. He was sooo shocked and had no idea how much venom had built up. Anyway I also left my gf one time w/out any talking, left a note b/c I just couldn't face the confrontation of trying to leave her. So I don't want those things to happen again and need to recognize things earlier and not let things get out of control.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.