Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it to be confident(you want to socialize or think about it or any type of social thing) and also have hesistant, reserved feelings(avoiding to interact with people or keep to self)? I sort of consider this as how I feel in my social anxiety.

I'm 19 years old. I attend TCU and I lack frienship. Before attending TCU, I had a lack of friendship though I could say that I did talk and interact with some people but it wasn't in a sense a "frienship". Even before this period I had been shy. Middle school I had been bullied and sort of had to stand up for myself. My own home life is somewhat similiar. I don't interact with extended family(aunts, uncles, cousins...) due to some issues prior to my birth. I have two older sisters whom I don't really relate and sort of have a "life". I don't hate my sisters, I just feel a little disilusioned by them. My parents at times are okay and sometimes they are not. They have got into argument about 35-45% of the time but sometimes they get along okay. They tend to keep to themselves the same as me.

I haven't actually told my parents of how I feel in social situations. I started to open up to my counselors that I go to as part of a sanction that I mentioned previously on SAS.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I'm also confident, but socially hesitant. I actually think most people here are, we're just lacking in social skills/can't get over our anxiety.

I felt much better about my anxiety after I told my parents about it, their support means a lot to me. If you think they'll support you (which they should, they're your parents) I would suggest telling them :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts