Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with my social anxiety I struggle with low confidence. It seems everywhere I go I am surrounded by the "pretty girls" and I constantly compare myself to them and I always come out as the loser. I feel as though I am not pretty enough and that I may never find that perfect guy who will love me my weirdness and my imperfections. You know how in every group of girls there is always the ugly one? Well that's me! My two best friends are gorgeous. They are constantly told how beautiful they are and how perfect they are. It makes me feel bad about myself because I know that I am not pretty and I am longing for the day when someone tells me who beautiful and perfect I am.

·
+1 Creativity
209 Posts
I have pretty bad self esteem issues as well with my appearance... I look in the mirror and sometimes I like what I see, and sometimes I dont. I cringe at most pictures of myself. I was told by my dentist that I have some sort of condition where one jawbone grew thicker than the other which makes my face seem crooked and one side is more pronounced than the other, and its much more obvious in pictures for some reason than in real life for some reason. It makes me feel nervous to be around girls for that reason, like they are constantly judging me even though they most likely dont even care lol

·
Hakuna Matata
231 Posts
Nobody ever tells you you're pretty? From your picture, you're gorgeous OP!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I feel the same way too, i have very low confidence. I always feel bad when i compare myself to others and i hate seing myself in the mirror.

·
Goofy Goober
1,520 Posts
I honestly believe I'm really not attractive at all. I hate everything about how I look. When I see pretty girls, I wish I was them. But from your picture you seem really pretty! I would love to look like you. :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Along with my social anxiety I struggle with low confidence. It seems everywhere I go I am surrounded by the "pretty girls" and I constantly compare myself to them and I always come out as the loser. I feel as though I am not pretty enough and that I may never find that perfect guy who will love me my weirdness and my imperfections. You know how in every group of girls there is always the ugly one? Well that's me! My two best friends are gorgeous. They are constantly told how beautiful they are and how perfect they are. It makes me feel bad about myself because I know that I am not pretty and I am longing for the day when someone tells me who beautiful and perfect I am.
I just don't feel like myself lately I don't know why

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Does anyone else feel this way?
My self esteem is nonexistent..........when I see a girl I want to talk to I feel like **** because I know that some other guy is going to be able to talk to her instead of me........I just sit there like a ****ing idiot......for like 5 months I had a crush on this girl last year but I never approached her once.....all I did was chat her once on Facebook and never contacted her again..........now I still have a crush on her and there's not that much left in the year and I still haven't talked to her........this is going to be how the rest of my life will be and it is going to suck

·
Registered
34 Posts
If that's you in your picture, then your're gorgeous. Sometimes I wish I was better looking, but then I look at the guys that talk to the pretty girls and I'm blessed that I'm not approached by those guys. (They're not ugly. They just not boyfriend material.) I suffer from confidence as well though sometimes it's looks, but most of the time I'm always afraid that I would embarrass myself. I'm always looking for approval. I'm jealous of those people who do what they want to do and say what they want to say with no ****s given.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm the queen of comparing myself to other girls.
I don't know why I do it though, because it honestly only makes me feel worse about myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts