Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey! i know most people have some insecurties.. nobody is perfect by any means.. but when u constanlt feel down about urself then there must be a problem, right? bcuz that behavior is not normal. soo.. im going to try and explain this as much as possible.. it makes sense to me.. just hope it makes sense to others.. okay here it goes.. i like myself.. or at least it seems as though i always have.. i dont think im hidious or fat or stupid.. but i have this annoying fear that for some reason im just not good enough. and i cant figure out exactly what it is thats wrong or why im not good enough. its just not good enough in general maybe im not up to other ppls standards.. i even feel this way with friends n family.. maybe im a lil too heavy in their minds or maybe im not pretty enough and guys wont date me cuz there r much prettier girls out there.. when i see myself.. the view i have of myself is good usually.. but i feel that others dont think im good enough.. im 5'1" 108 lbs.. have brown hair n blue eyes and im 19. sometimes i feel like i need to lose a lil weight or bcuz im short i look a lil younger than 19 and it makes me feel so self consious i hate it so much so the real problem is.. am i being immature? am i thriving to be perfect? trying to be what I THINK others think i should be? y do i do this? and how do i stop it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think your first step should be to take responsibility for your own part in this problem. On one hand, you seem to be saying that you have a good self-image; on the other, you're saying that you feel bad because other people are judging you. It comes off a little like, "I'm doing really well, but it's these other people that cause all the trouble." At the same time, you aren't really providing any evidence that these people are doing or saying anything that would indicate that they feel the way you're describing. If other people aren't doing or saying anything that indicates that they think you don't meet their standards, then where is this all coming from?

I think a big hint comes near the end of your post, when you say that you "feel" that others don't think you're good enough. Based on what you've written so far, it really does seem like a self-perception problem.

Am I off-base here?

Incidentally, if you think you're too heavy at 108/5'1", you need to immediately stop watching TV and reading magazines. That's a damn good weight.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I feel like this much of the time! In fact, I posted a post......On insecurity and relationships. But, yes, I feel like this A LOT....I KNOW I am intelligent, I KNOW, I am attractive.......Yet......I always feel inadequate.....I KNOW I can learn, just, can't make a mistake, that would make me.....Human......Or, in my eye, stupid.......

What JustBen said, makes sense...........Self perception...........

Sometimes it's as though that heart has to have a meeting with the head!

·
Registered
247 Posts
aligurl and hema i think you should both do some CBT for SA.
it pretty much changes the way you think and it personally helped me a lot but it took a couple of months until i felt the change of anxiety bcuz until it sinks in and becomes permanent doesn't all happen in a day, the whole thing takes like 5 months because you're supposed do one tape a week. i have dr richards CBT prgram with tapes and a booklet if you have mIRC i can send u all the files quickly but yahoo messenger works also.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've been thinking about CBT........The medication is a tool, the CBT could help, I do know, this is in my thinking, just like my depression......(not all, a majority).....

It takes a while to be reprogramed;-) 5 months........Hey;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts