Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a light concussion a while ago and my sa totally disappeared for a couple days.

Anyone else had that happen?

·
Soothsayer
4,756 Posts
Interesting. The cure to SA is to bash our brains out. Reminds me of the pet hamster I had that killed itself by bashing it's brains out (literally) against a food bowl.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. The cure to SA is to bash our brains out. Reminds me of the pet hamster I had that killed itself by bashing it's brains out (literally) against a food bowl.
I was training in kick boxing and it was tempting to get hit to feel like that again, but I broke my ribs. Makes me wonder about shock therapy.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
I knew cartoons were onto something!

My brother was an extrovert as a kid. He suffered a severe concussion when he was eight(was in hospital for three days), and he developed SA in his late teens. Read up on concussions in sports. If anything it would be temporary fix with severe depression as a side effect of the bad concussions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew cartoons were onto something!

My brother was an extrovert as a kid. He suffered a severe concussion when he was eight(was in hospital for three days), and he developed SA in his late teens. Read up on concussions in sports. If anything it would be temporary fix with severe depression as a side effect of the bad concussions.
It really showed me what it might be like for some people without sa I did not get to take advantage of it much, but all my inhibitions were mostly gone or reduced more so then what drinking alcohol has ever done for me.

I am not saying its a cure or anything I just found it interesting. I was a little tired for those couple days, but I felt good.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
It really showed me what it might be like for some people without sa I did not get to take advantage of it much, but all my inhibitions were mostly gone or reduced more so then what drinking alcohol has ever done for me.

I am not saying its a cure or anything I just found it interesting. I was a little tired for those couple days, but I felt good.
I'm aware. I had one when I had my nose broken playing hockey. You do see stars, so once again the cartoons are right. Also your vision\consciousness sorta goes like an old tv shutting off.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I'm aware. I had one when I had my nose broken playing hockey. You do see stars, so once again the cartoons are right. Also your vision\consciousness sorta goes like an old tv shutting off.
I had one playing rugby when I was 25. Someone's knee connected with my head. (lost my contact lenses too that day) Only an amateur league so few club staff. When I came to. rested for half an hour and drove myself to a hospital for observation. A club associate arrived at the hospital about 6 hours later to check on me. Fortunately I was Ok.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
I had one playing rugby when I was 25. Someone's knee connected with my head. (lost my contact lenses too that day) Only an amateur league so few club staff. When I came to. rested for half an hour and drove myself to a hospital for observation. A club associate arrived at the hospital about 6 hours later to check on me. Fortunately I was Ok.
Ah rugby, the only sport that makes a hockey player feel like a wimp. I never went to hospital when I suffered mine. Concussions were not a big thing back then. Could be why we're so nutty?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts