Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to throw my laptop out the ****ing window.

It's an HP. The connector where you plug the male end of the power cord into the computer itself is really jiggly. I have to jam it in place and hold it there for the damn thing to charge anymore.

So do I take it in for repairs or scrap it or what?

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
repairs, would be far cheaper I imagine though you would be without it for a few weeks dare I say. Not under warranty I gather?

·
Registered
439 Posts
hmm i don't have much experience working on laptops. i would imagine it's just a smaller more compact power supply.. and that would need to be replaced, or if possible re-tightened somewhere with a screw driver..

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
You can probably just call HP and let them know. If you make a really big deal out of it they might even offer you a free digital camera or some kind of upgrade. That's how I got my first digital camera from Dell, and my only complaint was that their built in video card which they claimed would "play the latest games" wasn't able to play an extremely high detail First Person Shooter with the maximum detail settings turned up. :evilHey, I'm picky about advertising claims.

Seriously though... you gotta make them think that you want a refund and then all of a sudden cool things happen.

One point you could make is that a loose plug could be a fire hazard.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts