Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Which OS do you use?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
God. Also bored
10,229 Posts
Seven although I did use linux for a bit only went back to windows for gaming.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
On which device?

Home PC - Windows 7
Laptop - XP
Reader - Android
Work PC - XP
Work Laptop - Windows 7

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Windows 8...it came with my computer, I have had to download a lot of 3rd party apps to make it work as much like XP as possible.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Well, I normally use Vista but ATM I'm (Very slowly and painfully) trying to wean myself off of MS onto Linux Mint. Fortunately, Firefox and VLC work great but it's a lot more painful to find alternatives to many of the programs I typically use. I finally got Irfanview and FatStone to work satisfactorily with WINE.

I honestly don't know if this is going to work. If I can do it without ever having to use that tedious command terminal thing, I just might get used to it.

But I seem to be at least halfway there. The fact that I can even run my computer for free is pretty cool.

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
Windows XP.

My laptop is 10 years old. Still works as good as the day I bought it. :yes

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I have a Mac, so whatever OS they stick on a Mac.

All I can say is it seems to work better than a PC, though PCs do set the bar pretty damn low.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have 2 PCs with XP - its the best one from MS imo.

I even have an old PC with 98SE (with unofficial service pack) still in running condition. Win 7 is ok tho, but has to much "hunger" for my taste. All stuff I use runs on XP still.

·
(.*?)
6,742 Posts
Mint 13 KDE on my desktop, a bunch of distros on my almost-never-used netbook (Mepis, Mint 14 KDE, Bodhi, Win XP). Been through a lot of distros over the last decade, anything KDE is good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts