Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Good question! I imagine it would depend on the demands of the individual job. Perhaps communication skills might involve being able to provide information clearly so that other people can understand you (e.g. explaining things to others, giving an oral presentation, writing reports/instructions, etc.). Interpersonal skills could maybe relate to personal conduct and behavior (e.g. being polite and courteous to coworkers, showing empathy to people in difficult situations, cooperating with coworkers on a joint project, etc.).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Holy crap! I am about to get my annual evalutation at work and I KNOW I will get a lower than average score for 'Communications".

The funny things is some people never communicate info to me that I need to do my job. Simple things like who has been terminiated or changed from Part-Time to Full-time.

These people get high scores in "Communications" becasuse they smile and socialize and (in some cases) suck up. In a perfect world they would get low scores because they neglect to communicate job related info.

:fall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.