Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who read my "i have 14 days to get rid of my phobia" thread, this is an update as my 14 days is now up.

I'm going to tell you what I've done and what has happened. First off I want to mention propolonol imo is an *excellent med for controlling your heart in normal panic producing situations.

Today I took it a few hours before class and I was so calm and didnt have ANY feelings of tightness in my chest or rapid heart beat. The second I got into class I started a conversation with 2 different people, I was 100% completely able to control my adrenaline from going haywire and which normally sends me into a fit of anxiety.
I think more people should try this med, I really WAS NOT expecting it to work this good but I've never talked so much in class before, it is AMAZING how when you can control your heart rate like that how much more affective you can think and speak. Simply astounded by it.

FYI I should say the beta blocker toprol imo is worthless. I took it for 2 months and barely noticed anything from it.

Now onto my main question. As many know I've been basically working my *** off to get a script for xanax, as I figured that and a strong bb would help heaps.

Well today, I saw my school psychiatrist, who was FREE, and he scripted me Klonopin. With how relaxed I was today with the propolonol, I really am starting to respect the power of meds. I havent picked up the Klonopin yet but before I try it in a few more days I have a question. The doc said to take a pill everyday before bed (.5mg) I didnt want to argue with him but I dont really want to be *on* anything. I want to take it AS NEEDED.

So would it be a big deal if I save the Klonopin and perhaps take double doses before big days like presentations? The only reason the doc said not to take it as needed was because people have been know to fall asleep during presentations on it (which i still question how honest he was being) He said its important to develop a tolerance to it.

Basically I have seen like 4 different docs to get this script, and Im not about to waste it on days I can deal with the anxiety with a good ol workout or something. He said hed have no problem prescribing more.

But my question is. If I take 1mg the night before a presentation, than a propolonol a few hours before, is that a bad idea? I personally feel it will be an arsenal against anxiety. But I dont want to drop my bp too low or pass out during a presentation. An comments or concerns will be greatly appreciated.

ps. for anyone goin to school and facing the same issue, TALK TO COUNSELORS AT YOUR SCHOOL. I seriously want to kiss evey counselor who has helped me in the past 2 weeks with this problem. There was no touch and go service. They took thier time, evaluated EVERYTHING about me, and have helped me TONS. Im still in schock at how much help I got simply by *asking for it. i hope others understand most colleges and universities have good if not excellent support systems for students, Im still in a state of shock at how much help Ive gotten.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
re: Comment about propolonol and question about klonopin +up

You're lucky indeed. I've asked for help for years, and no answer yet.

ps. for anyone goin to school and facing the same issue, TALK TO COUNSELORS AT YOUR SCHOOL. I seriously want to kiss evey counselor who has helped me in the past 2 weeks with this problem. There was no touch and go service. They took thier time, evaluated EVERYTHING about me, and have helped me TONS. Im still in schock at how much help I got simply by *asking for it. i hope others understand most colleges and universities have good if not excellent support systems for students, Im still in a state of shock at how much help Ive gotten.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I would test the klonopin by yourself outside of school and see how it affects you. If you fall asleep, do as the doctor says and take it every night to develop a tolerance thereby getting rid of the sleep side effect.

·
Registered
906 Posts
re: Comment about propolonol and question about klonopin +up

Be careful with the blood pressure medicine please, i take 100mg of atenolol daily (for high BP) and even changing the dosage i take it at by a few hours creates a noticable difference in my blood pressure.

Again i just may be particularly sensitive to changes in BP.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: re: Comment about propolonol and question about klonopin

D.B. Cooper said:
Be careful with the blood pressure medicine please, i take 100mg of atenolol daily (for high BP) and even changing the dosage i take it at by a few hours creates a noticable difference in my blood pressure.

Again i just may be particularly sensitive to changes in BP.
Thanks everyone for the responses. Im going to try the Klon tonight. I purposely didnt take any toprol or propolonol today just encase my bp drops too low. So far Ive been most impressed by proplonol more than anything Ive taken in the past (paxil, zyprexa, and toprol) But Im gonna do a test run of the Klonopin tonight and see how I feel tommorow. I'll let you guys know than.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts