• Hurts a little

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Hurts a lot

Votes: 3 2.8%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
It helps only in the sense that I don't feel as alone in it when I see so many others dealing with the same kind of stuff. There was a time when I had no idea that what was wrong with me had a name and was something that other people had too and knew about.

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
This comes up alot on here.

For me, it's great to know I'm not the only one with this, and to see how others are coping.

But it can be sad and depressing to read discouraging post after discouraging post.

I voted 'helps a little'.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Helps waste time, has no effect on SA.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Hurts a lot, because I like the way it sounds

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
It doesn't affect my SA at all. It does affect my depression though, I've noticed. Sometimes I'll feel better after being on here because I can relate to things people have said or because it provided a distraction from my sad life. Other times I'll feel worse because it reminds me of how alone I am.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I find that giving advice or offering suggestions regarding positive thinking or otherwise helps get my own thoughts in order. It makes me more reflective on ways to help myself and therefore reinforces my newer positive habits.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Misery likes company. Helps a lot.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
It actually helped a little. Reading about people overcoming their SA and the way they overcome it can be pretty inspiring. It shows you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

This website actually gave me the idea of getting a part time job in order to overcome my shyness and meet new people. I don't know whether I would have had that idea if I hadn't been on this website. It is possible, but I love my new job and that job is changing my life :)

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
Hurts a little. too few success stories. i wanna get more insight onto actually beating this.

just being honest

·
Registered
35 Posts
i would like there be another option, "helps a little and hurts alot" or something, i stoped reading "frustration" and "coping with sa" forums after i "hooked" other person fears and they became mine and my sa got much worse, so i fear to read such posts, no offense just saying what happened to me, but triumphs and positive thinking forums are great.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you read the Coping With Social Anxiety and Frustration forums, it will hurt.

If you find the helpful posters and topics, and go to positive thinking, and make goals, it will help

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I think when I first joined it helped some but now that the honeymoon is over...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Helps a little. Sometimes I'll go on here after a rough day of school, read a few posts, and be reminded that there actually are people like myself out there. This boosts my mood a lot.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
I didn't vote, because it can do both (depending on my mood). On the one hand, hearing about people going through the same stuff I am makes me feel not so alone. On the other hand, hearing about people going through the same stuff I am makes me depressed.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I don't know yet, just registered to my first one today. Though I have already found it nice to know I'm not the only one with my problem, particularly with regards to being a late bloomer.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
helps meet people who i can meet in person and try and overcome sa with. also provides all the latest techniques and ideas. also provides a place to post your progress and get praise and feedback.

without a doubt: Helps a lot

1 - 20 of 40 Posts