Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Applewifey
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my grandma recently died (no need for sympathy), and we learned a lot about her after death that we never knew while she was alive. Thinking on this vein, I decided to post on Facebook to get to know my friends. Thus, I decided to post about my social anxiety:
"It's amazing what you don't learn about people until it's too late. I think we should all share random facts about ourselves. For example, I have social anxiety, which means that just saying that was kinda scary. If you don't know what that is, look it up. Now, tell me something about yourself that I didn't know."
Didn't exactly go as I planned, but I'm still proud of myself for taking the first step. One of my SAS friends even "came out" as socially anxious, so yay for both of us.

·
Killing My Shyness
10 Posts
That's pretty awesome. I share a really similar situation with you (Grandma) so I can relate a little.

Maybe I'll post this to my FB, it sounds like a step in the right direction and I'm very curious of the outcome.

·
inactive
4,029 Posts
This is a lovely idea, and I'm so glad you managed to do it. Social anxiety is debilitating enough without having to be ashamed of telling your own friends you have it. I don't have nearly enough guts to do it, but I'm pleased to see some of us do :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
That is the way it usually works - I still learn things about my father and he has been gone for nearly five years. :stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts