Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, a fellow employees mother passed away and she got the news while at work. I'm usually not the best at comforting people because of my SA and other issues, but I actually hugged her for a while and reassured her. I was quite impressed with myself cause my initial reaction was to avoid the uncomfortable situation. I don't know if the Lexapro I started taking last week had anything to do with helping me handle the situation, but I'm hoping I will continue to make improvements in getting closer to people.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Sadlybeautiful,

I hope this has taught you something valuable: when you reach out to help others, you get as much, if not more in return. It may either be the Lexapro, or your true personality coming out! In just making the move to help, you defeated fear!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Comforting someone after the loss of a family member is one of the most socially difficult things I can think of. I'm glad to hear you handled it with care and I'm sure the person you comforted is grateful.

·
Registered
873 Posts
millenniumman75 said:
Sadlybeautiful,

I hope this has taught you something valuable: when you reach out to help others, you get as much, if not more in return. It may either be the Lexapro, or your true personality coming out! In just making the move to help, you defeated fear!

Congratulations!
Beautifully said IMO.

Star :sas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts