Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is about meeting foreign people in sudden situations.
Like a sellsman or an old lady asking to show the way.
There are days when I walk around happy with myself and the world, have small chats with everyone who ever wants to say something (I feel really stiff and have nothing much to say but still).
But then I become depressed and I start avoiding everyone. I go shopping only if there's no other way. Even passing people on the sidewalk makes me nervous, a part of me fears that they'll want something from me.
These phases last from couple of hours till weeks.

I don't understand - what does that mean? Is the change of mood normal?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't know if it's normal. Moods do change. I do have this too. There are times I feel, not good but just not really depressed and I'm not so afraid to go to the store or to the gym. And then there are times when I feel really down and that I'm more anxious to be around people and I don't want to leave the house.
Thant moods change is normal. But I don't think it's very good that it's so often and that it affect your life so much. I know it's not good for me. When I feel depressed I don't want to do anything and I can do things I later regret. Like dropping out of school.
You are on this forum, so I take it you have anxiety. It often comes with depression. If you get help for this and it helps then this maybe will be less. I hope it will be for me.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Ya its normal too find it difficult to push myself to talk to stangers..i just fear they will do something wrong..or follow me when I m on the way,when I m on foot I just avoid to look at people around me..my head is down n just seeing if there is some distraction in the way..i know u will think m a scared or inconfident person..m not at all..i dnt know why I behave such

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read some books about psycology but haven't found anything like this...
That passing people thing is really creeping me. I feel like they're invading my personal space! And I notice every person about 100 m ahead of me...
I think I'm subconciously afraid they'll attack me or abuse me or something.:sus

Wow, written like this it looks even scarier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts