Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Who?

Votes: 9 36.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The terrorist puppet guy. I can't get past the Jalapeño on a stick and a dead terrorist literally wearing a towel on his head. Anybody else heard of him? thoughts?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I didn't know who he was until I googled his name, I don't watch a lot of stand up comedy so I've only seen him a couple times.

·
Banned
837 Posts
I saw his stand-up on Comedy Central once, I was only able to watch like 5 minutes of it. There's nothing worse than a not funny comedian.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I know I've heard the name. Checked wikipedia but the pic they have of him isn't good enough for me to ID him as being the guy I'm thinking of. I think I know who you're talking about, but I haven't seen him do any gay or racist jokes (not that they would offend me -- jokes almost be definition are going to offend somebody). Can't really rate him as it seems I'm not familiar enough with his work to have an opinion.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
my sister learned about him and bought one of his dvd's. I watched it with her on a vacation in TN and though it was funny stuff. Though I never watch comedians so I can't really compare him to anyone.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My friend loves him and she made me watch some clips of him on youtube. I don't think he's very funny.. not my type of humor I guess. A lot of his puppets are just annoying (especially the purple one..Peanut is its name I think)And Jalapeño on a stick is lame. I did like Walter though (the grumpy old guy)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I checked out his Achmed video on youtube. For a ventriloquist, he's alright. But I don't like ventriloquists.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Nevah hoid uv em.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I like him. Jeff Dunham has actually been around for a LONG time. I remember watching him on HBO when I was about 10 years old (I'm 30 now). Back then, he only had Peanut and Jalepino on a stick (possibly Walter as well, but I'm not sure).

I grew up in the "Dummy Capital of the World", Fort Mitchell, KY. It is home to the Vent Haven Ventriloquist Museum (supposedly the world's only ventriloquist museum). I've heard they have some of Dunham's puppets there, as well as many other famous puppets.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Walter and Achmed are my favorites. I've never understood what so funny about Peanut though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts