Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the Frustration forum has nearly twice as many posts as the Positive Thinking, Goal Setting, and Triumphs Over Social Anxiety forums combined. I'm sure many members have never posted in the one of the more positive forums. Why not give it a shot? Give another member encouragement or post a goal or triumph of your own. You might like the results :) Let's make SAS a more positive place. Together we can lessen that gap :D

Members who are already posting in Triumphs, Positive Thinking, and Goal Setting, keep up the great work! :banana

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Have to admit I haven't posted in the positive thinking forum recently as much as I was doing at one point. I'll do my best to start posting in there more often again. ;-)

·
1,137 Posts
I just posted in Triumphs Over Social Anxiety for the first time, and I'm going to try to post in all of the positive boards more often. :)

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
I've noticed that the Frustration forum has nearly twice as many posts as the Positive Thinking, Goal Setting, and Triumphs Over Social Anxiety forums combined. I'm sure many members have never posted in the one of the more positive forums. Why not give it a shot? Give another member encouragement or post a goal or triumph of your own. You might like the results :) Let's make SAS a more positive place. Together we can lessen that gap :D

Members who are already posting in Triumphs, Positive Thinking, and Goal Setting, keep up the great work! :banana
^ i agree :agree !

·
Banned
501 Posts
I was thinking that maybe the Adm. could change it to the Realistic Forum. But knowing how so many SAers think their automatic thoughts are realistic, it's probably best to leave it unchanged. :)

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the spirit! Good to see a few people posting on the positive forums for the first time :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new here, but I noticed that as well. Misery loves company though! In my opinion, to make progress with your SA, it's so important to be remain positive. I mean, hey, my life certainly isn't perfect right now, but I will not allow myself to dwell or ruminate on things I can not change. Acceptance is a beautiful thing. The things that can be changed (like my SA), I'm working on, that's all I can do. The world is a lovely place if you choose to look at it that way. I figure, we have one life, why spend it being depressed, you don't even allow yourself to SEE or experience the natural beauty in things when you're in such a state. Easier said then done, but isn't everything!

·
kawaii neko chan
52 Posts
I made a post already, I love this part of the forum way more than the Frustration part... reading that just gets me depressed and discouraged :| Why are so many people angry at a lot of things xD BE HAPPY and beleive you can get through this thing.

·
Registered
834 Posts
sorry i only come to this website when frustrated, thus the frustration forum suits me for the time being.

if i do find something that works i'll go ahead and post it here

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry i only come to this website when frustrated, thus the frustration forum suits me for the time being.

if i do find something that works i'll go ahead and post it here
There's nothing wrong with posting on the frustration fourum :) I just noticed that it has far more posts than many of the more positive forums combined.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Should move this to the frustration forum to get more attention. I bet a lot of people don't even look in the positive forum.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I completely agree, slylikeafox. Reading about other people's triumphs and goals can be quite uplifting :yay

·
Registered
161 Posts
I remember reading a quote that said that:
Positive Thinking= mental health and Negative Thinking= mental illness.
So I believe your idea is a great one! We certainly do not need to increase our negative thinking.

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ntl, I had thought of the coping forum.

Veron, I fully agree. It is always nice to read the success stories of others :)

Good point, persisten1. Focusing on the negative definitely doesn't help matters

1 - 17 of 17 Posts