Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from Colorado? Want to buy some friends. :)

·
sad panda
675 Posts
I'm from Colorado :) Where are you from? I'm moving up to Fort Collins tomorrow, from Denver.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Colorado Springs

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm in Denver! Would definitely want to hang out or something with anyone who is interested

·
sad panda
675 Posts
cool! :) I've never actually been to Colorado springs.. do you like it?

Omnium, I'm kind of half in Denver half in Fort Collins.. I still consider Denver my home since I'm just in Foco for school, so I'm there a lot.

yeah, I might be up for hanging out sometime, depending on my mood! :b

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love living in the Springs. How is Denver... it seems croweded and traffic-like from what I've seen? :p I also may be up for hanging out... depending on my mood as well, haha.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Awesome! Will be fun :)

·
sad panda
675 Posts
I don't have work on weekends, so that's when I'd be able to come down.

I like living in Denver, though I technically live in the "Denver area" in Wheat Ridge, so not in the heart of the city. Just recently we had this huge storm/tornado, so it looks like a warzone. But yeah, downtown Denver is really confusing and chaotic for me to drive in, so I'm glad I don't live there!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Haha my brother was driving around in aurora or arvada (i forget) when it hit. He said there was like a tornado and huge hail. I didn't really believe him because I live in south west denver metro area and all we got was a little rain until I heard it on tv. I also really hate driving in downtown!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I heard about that tornado, my dad was visiting his GF in Aurora when it hit apparently. Crazzy. My schedule is kinda hard to work with. I may have to work on weekends and stuff like that so yeh.

I have never driven through downtown Denver, it sounds so confusing lol. I'm sure I'd get lost.

·
Sea of clouds.
223 Posts
They don't call it the mousetrap for nothing... heh heh. So yeah, I split my time between home in Denver and school in Boulder... probably more Boulder and less Denver when school starts.

I'm also up for hanging out except I may be way too anxious to actually be proactive on anything. :-(

·
sad panda
675 Posts
lol, I'm not very proactive either. I can't think of the last time I was the first to call a friend to hang out, instead of the other way around.

What are you studying at CU, marenubium? (CU, right?)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm maybe we should set a date/place/time for this hang-out? :p

·
sad panda
675 Posts
Anyone here decisive? :D I'm free pretty much all the time right now, but I hope to be starting a job soon, so I'd have to see what my schedule looked like if its farther down the line.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Alright lets pick a date and time everyone :-D

I'm also open at any time really except for tomorrow between 2-5 pm or so. Anyone have any ideas for what we could do?

·
sad panda
675 Posts
Well, I'll be in Denver for a "wine and cheese" party my friends want to have, so maybe then, though I don't the exact date yet. sometime after this weekend. As for what to do... I'm never good at deciding these things! Whats exciting in Denver?

·
Sea of clouds.
223 Posts
Good question... Elitches? Traffic? Mind-numbing maze of one-way streets? Um... 16th street mall? Coors Field? Cheesecake factory? I don't actually go downtown much - crowds and I don't get along well.

Supposedly 16th street mall is pretty cool, but (shameless plug here) there's always Pearl Street up in Boulder...

@Attica - yep, up at CU. Right now it's physics/math/econ.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sweet, so we have 4 people who are up for it. Sounds like fun. Good ideas Maren. I've never actually been to 16th street mall or cheesecake factory but they sound fun, Elitches is always cool even though I got my foot stuck in the side of the seadragon ride last time lol. I'm up for any of those^ Here are some other ideas if anyone here is really social phobic and hates crowds, we could take a walk, go for a hike, also maybe we could combine some of them like for example first find a park and go for a walk around the lake or something and talk a bit then go somewhere else like Elitches or something. Maybe get some beer or something if you guys drink at all to alleviate some of the anxiety (doesn't matter to me though if we do or don't)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still no date. Haha. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts