Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to graduate from college in a few weeks and sadly do not really have any friends from college. I have people I talk to sometimes in my classes but do not hang out with anyone outside of school. I am debating whether to buy tickets to senior week or not which consists of going to bars, a booze cruise and a fancy senior ball. I am not a big drinker and the only thing I am really interested in is the ball, I do have a boyfriend so I could go with him, but I do not think we would have anyone to sit with. I am just wandering whether I will regret not going to the senior week activities or if it really even matters? I feel like I should go or else I would regret it, but its a lot of money and I feel like I would be myself for a most of the time so whats the point?

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
I'd say yes. If you had no one to go with, I'd probably say no because I can imagine it being uncomfortable. But since you have your boyfriend, I think you should go. Life is short, and even if it's not the time of your life that you expected, at least you'll know. You only have one opportunity for college Senior week, and this is it. More than likely, you'll enjoy yourself and your boyfriend.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I wouldn't. Maybe you should since you have someone to go with and all but its really your personal preference if that's your idea of fun or not. Personally I am not someone who would go to bars and parties so even if I did have someone to go with I would probably decline unless I knew a bunch of people and could keep myself occupied without having to concentrate on the drinking and partying, but that would never happen.

High school senior prom was suppose to be a big deal, and a once in life thing, I didn't go, some of the few people that bothered to asked were shocked by my answer, like its something you have to do and its inconceivable not to do it. That was 2 years ago and It still doesn't bother me.

Just think about if its something you would really want to do, if it didn't have that "special one time only" label would you still do it, or would you have fun doing something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.