Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am starting my second year of college now. And I'm rooming with friends from last year. Problem is, I have a rather "severe" case of SA, even around my friends. Don't get me wrong, I love to hang out with people and have a good time, but it has become increasingly hard since I feel my SA has gotten worse. And it's more than just fear that holds me back. It is the SYMPTOMS I struggle the most with. Whenever I feel just a little bit anxious, I have a verrrrrrry hard time eating, burp allot, and feel nauseous. And that little bit of anxiety escalates even further to the point where I can't eat PERIOD and feel nauseous to the point where I might throw up. And I have thrown up because of this. I'm currently taking 1mg lorazapam, prilosec (to help manage my stomach issues brought on by anxiety), and 40mg citalopram. I also spoke with a psychiatrist and a psychologist frequently over summer.

As for what causes this, well I have broken it down into a few things: being away from home, being "forced" or feeling forced to hang out or do stuff when I really don't feel like it, social eating (which is really hard to avoid at college), and above all hanging out or seeing girls that I know and like. Just talking about them is enough to send me into a panic attack.

I haven't told any of my friends about this, only my mom and dad. And I feel that holding this secret is just adding more stress. But I don't know how to get around and tell them. So can someone please help!?!?!?!?!?

I wanna get my life back and not feel like this anxiety/fear/stress runs it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
College, at the beginning, was very difficult. I couldnt even get out of the bet in morning. I was that screwed. My grades reflected it. Technically i should of gotten help, and gotten some sort of medical excuse. But Yeah, about that....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This all started about half-way through senior year of highschool. I was always a bit shy before than and tended to eat really slow but never thought much about it.

I am glad to say that I am feeling alllllllllllot better than when I moved in about a week ago. I am still trying to get over the anxiety though but I am glad to say I enjoyed myself last night with my friends :).

Still though, I am looking for suggestions?? I may be doing better but this anxiety is a real pain in the butt. I am sure you guys can understand, being SAS sufferers and all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts