Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally getting comfortable enough here to start talking to my roommate and fellow peers! :boogie

Yesterday started out as one of those days where the anxiety was almost impossible to deal with. :hide My art teacher kept telling me there were things in my drawing I needed to change to make it look more like the still life we were drawing. During are break in class one of the boys asked me a question and I misheard what he asked, there for I gave him an answer that was not related to his question (people laughed). :rain

But that afternoon me, my roommate, and two of our friends were in our room watching a movie. I was able to talk and add to their conversations. :squeeze Today, in my art class I was able to converse with my peers as we were drawing and during break! :group

I have been here for about 8 weeks by now. :time

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well done on getting to talk to your roommate and peers :)
Hopefully you'll continue to enjoy it!

Rex, I also hope that you'll be able to interact with others around you and hopefully cheer you up. I'm sure you actually have quite some interesting things to talk about, go with your interests and see how it goes from there. Perhaps saying whatever comes to your mind sometimes too, haha. It might be something funny that'll ease the situation of talking to someone new, just like how kittenamos misheard a question and answered with an unrelated answer. Good luck!

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
That's cool. And I have moments like that too in my college :rain, but I just shrug it off and embrace the moments where I get to talk to my peers (which is very little, but hopefully that'll change soon once I join a club). And I made a couple friends in one of my classes so it sounds like we're both doing pretty well so far :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good for you!! Hopefully you and your roommate will become great friends and be able to continue your friendship through out college. keep it up, before you know it you will have many friends. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.