Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody a fan?

I love football season, best time of the year. When the season is over I mope around until it stars back up.

As you can see from my avatar, I'm a Georgia fan. They're coming off a somewhat disappointing season. As disappointing as a 10-3 season can be. The team were decimated with injuries from the beginning of the season, and throughout the season players were still dropping like flies. Lost to our two biggest rivals in heart breaking fashion.

The D seemed to forget how to tackle. D-Line had absolutely no rush from the ends. Just not a Georgia D last year.

Lost our QB to the #1 pick in the draft, and lost Knowshon Moreno, who imo was the best RB in CFB last year. (I might be a bit biased..)

Get a lot of players back from injury, and our O-line looks as good as it has in 7 years. Maybe even the best we've ever had.

I'm a bit of a pessimist going into this season, but I think they have the potential to surprise.

Anyway, TLDR...
Tell me about your favorite team, and what can we expect from them.

And I might as well be the first to do it.

ESSS EEEEE SEEEEE
ESSS EEEEE SEEEEE

Haha, you know you hate that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely somebody else likes CFB.

Oh well, until somebody else chimes in, I'll post random crap about UGA.

Georgia's recruiting class for 2010 is already unfonking believable. As of this morning the Dawgs have 18 recruits so far. 13 of them are Defensive players. 5 of those committed are in the Rivals top 100. This may turn out to be the best class Richt has recruited since he's been at Georgia, beating out his 05 class which included Stafford, Moreno, and Geno Atkins (among others).

Things are looking up for the program.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
I havent been up-to-date with college football but I do like to watching it though.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
Have a favorite team, or just watch whoever is playing?
Not really Ill watch just about any football game. Though if its professional I prefer the dallas cowboys but when it comes to college Ill watch most of them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats cool. My priority is UGA obviously, but when its football season Saturday and Sunday are spent drinking cold beer and watching football. No matter what game is on.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
I like the California Golden Bears. I grew up in northern California and moved to Louisiana when I was 14. So I know how crazy they are about the SEC here lol. If I had a favorite player it would be Zack Follett, OLB, Cal. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the 7th round. He plays with a lot of passion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome video.

Follett is a tough sob. I watched that Tennessee game and I remember that hit he put on Erik Ainge. That was 2007, Ainge's senior year. Video says 2008 so it confused me for a sec. lol.

What can we expect from Cal next year? Anything you're excited about?

This video was created before last season started. It pumps me up every time I watch it. The song is not something I would listen to normally, but matched with the video I think it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Cal has the most returning starters out of the Pac-10 so if they are gonna beat USC, this is probably the year. They also need to win more away games because they only won one last year, unless you count the bowl game. The music in Follett's video is okay. I think he posted that on youtube himself lol. The guy is a trip :lol.
That was hilarious when Georgia ran into the endzone and Florida couldnt figure out what was going on lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome video.

This video was created before last season started. It pumps me up every time I watch it. The song is not something I would listen to normally, but matched with the video I think it's pretty cool.

That part was talking about the vid I linked. I'm not a fan of Nickelback. I thought about that before I posted it and thought it didn't seem clear, lol. I'm an idiot.

Cal has the most returning starters out of the Pac-10 so if they are gonna beat USC, this is probably the year. They also need to win more away games because they only won one last year, unless you count the bowl game. The music in Follett's video is okay. I think he posted that on youtube himself lol. The guy is a trip :lol.
That was hilarious when Georgia ran into the endzone and Florida couldnt figure out what was going on lol.
Beat USC! For the talent USC always pulls in, they should never lose a fonking game. It's really kinda unbelievable they're able to pull in that many stud recruits year after year. But you can always count on them to choke and lose a game they're not suppose to.

When UGA was on a roll in 2007, I was hoping they would get to play USC in the rose bowl, but that made too much sense. The Pac-10, Big 10 ties are too strong to the rose bowl to do that, I guess. Instead, they played a weak Illinois team, and UGA thumped Hawaii in the sugar bowl.

That 2007 Florida game was great. It's like UF has a spell on the dawgs, and even if they don't have the better team, UF walks away from with a big W. That celebration was great, and the thumping they gave them after was even better. Of course the next year they beat the crap out of UGA again.

The UGA-UF game always seems to go through streaks where one team will win most games for about decade. Its about time to swing back into our favor. *crosses fingers*

UGA still owns the series 46-38-2. But they're closing fast.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Missouri fan here. I'm always interested, but the last two seasons have been fun. We'll see how much of their recent success was due to Chase Daniel. I suspect it was quite a bit.

It's been in the 70s here tha past 3-4 days, which is freakish for St. Louis in July. Has me thinking college football, but damn, we've got several weeks to wait.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I watched a few Missu games last year. Chase Daniel is a solid QB. I was kinda surprised he went undrafted. I think he was another casualty of the spread offense.

Redskins picked him up as a free agent though, and I think after some time he may surprise some folks.

The wait for CFB is killing me, but it'll be here before I know it. Time sure isn't slowing down any. >.<

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Kaine, do you follow Wofford football at all (seeing as you're in Spartanburg)? They have a very good program; they could be a top 10 team this year in FCS. They're usually in the top tier of the SoCon.

Anyway, my team is UMass, so I follow FCS more closely than I do FBS. Usually UMass is competitive for a playoff spot (the most recent playoff appearance was in '07, and the year before they made it to the championship game against Appalachian State), but we'll have a new coach (our old one, Don Brown, took the defensive coordinator job at Maryland) and a new quarterback (I'm not sure who it's going to be yet; whoever it is, he's going to have to fill the shoes of Liam Coen, arguably the best QB in school history--or at least the best since Greg Landry way back in the '60s). Seeing as we play in a very tough conference (the Colonial Athletic Association, arguably the best in FCS), I'm not expecting a whole lot this year--maybe five or six wins.

As for FBS, I don't really have a favorite team, though I still like watching games sometimes. I do keep an eye on UConn, since I'm from Connecticut, and on Florida, since my brother is on the faculty there. I'll probably be following Northwestern this year, too, since I live in Evanston now. I'll also be keeping an eye on Miami (FL), since former UMass coach Mark Whipple (who led us, in '98, to our only national title) will be the offensive coordinator there this year.

As for Georgia, I lived in Athens once, during the fall. Definitely a football-crazy town, to say the least!

·
Ocean of Dreams
26 Posts
I'm a University of Hawaii fan but we've never been the same since we lost Colt Brennan and his trio of receivers (one had a monster season on the Miami Dolphins I might add) and since they've lost coach June Jones to SMU. Maybe if they actually switched to a more pro styled offense and actually RAN the ball maybe they'd be better off.

I just remembered Georgia spanked Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl couple years ago bad.. memories. If we actually had a running game I think we would've had a chance to slow down those big fast Defensive linemen Georgia ALWAYS have.

Yeah I'm more of a pro fan anyways.. GO GIANTS

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
I'm a University of Hawaii fan but we've never been the same since we lost Colt Brennan and his trio of receivers (one had a monster season on the Miami Dolphins I might add) and since they've lost coach June Jones to SMU. Maybe if they actually switched to a more pro styled offense and actually RAN the ball maybe they'd be better off.

I just remembered Georgia spanked Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl couple years ago bad.. memories. If we actually had a running game I think we would've had a chance to slow down those big fast Defensive linemen Georgia ALWAYS have.

I remember watching that game. And, actually, some of the blame should have went on Brennan and/or the coaches because he kept dropping back too far when passing. The DEs on Georgia just kept running right past the tackles. They werent prepared for the speed on Georgia's defensive line.

By the way, I know that Notre Dame game didnt make you any happier either lol.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
I watched a few Missu games last year. Chase Daniel is a solid QB. I was kinda surprised he went undrafted. I think he was another casualty of the spread offense.

Redskins picked him up as a free agent though, and I think after some time he may surprise some folks.

The wait for CFB is killing me, but it'll be here before I know it. Time sure isn't slowing down any. >.<
Daniel also doesn't look the part of an NFL QB. I don't buy that bias, but it's definitely there. Matt Stafford, on the other hand, is pretty much a prototype with his size and arm strength, and he looks ready. Too bad he's in Detroit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, Detroit has some issues. I don't know if Stafford will be able to show any of his potential with the Lions awful O-line. He'll be on his back too much to make any throws.

Daniel may not be the prototypical NFL QB, but I've always thought he had potential. If he's not ever a starter, I think he'll at least make a solid back up. Picking up a NFL paycheck every week. Can't knock him for that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kaine, do you follow Wofford football at all (seeing as you're in Spartanburg)? They have a very good program; they could be a top 10 team this year in FCS. They're usually in the top tier of the SoCon.

Anyway, my team is UMass, so I follow FCS more closely than I do FBS. Usually UMass is competitive for a playoff spot (the most recent playoff appearance was in '07, and the year before they made it to the championship game against Appalachian State), but we'll have a new coach (our old one, Don Brown, took the defensive coordinator job at Maryland) and a new quarterback (I'm not sure who it's going to be yet; whoever it is, he's going to have to fill the shoes of Liam Coen, arguably the best QB in school history--or at least the best since Greg Landry way back in the '60s). Seeing as we play in a very tough conference (the Colonial Athletic Association, arguably the best in FCS), I'm not expecting a whole lot this year--maybe five or six wins.

As for FBS, I don't really have a favorite team, though I still like watching games sometimes. I do keep an eye on UConn, since I'm from Connecticut, and on Florida, since my brother is on the faculty there. I'll probably be following Northwestern this year, too, since I live in Evanston now. I'll also be keeping an eye on Miami (FL), since former UMass coach Mark Whipple (who led us, in '98, to our only national title) will be the offensive coordinator there this year.

As for Georgia, I lived in Athens once, during the fall. Definitely a football-crazy town, to say the least!
I do pay attention to Wofford actually; Furman as well. They're on local channels a lot and I watch a good bit of the FCS. App. State is unbelievable on that level. Wofford isn't too bad either.

Pretty cool the connections you have with other Universities. That's the awesome thing about CFB; the blind love and HATE for certain teams. I hate UF, SC, AU, GT, and Clemson just because I have to.

Colt Brennan was a great QB. Hawaii deserved to go to the Sugar bowl that year. Even as a UGA fan I had to respect what Hawaii did. Our D-line was strong that year, and unfortunately for Hawaii, their O-line wasn't ready for it. That shouldn't in diminish what they did that season though.

I watched Colt play in the preseason last year. He did damn good in that game. I believe he will have bright future in the NFL.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Irish fan here. Golden Tate and Micheal Floyd are both going over 1000 yards for the season you can take that to the bank. We are pretty much a lock for a BCS game this year and its about time. We are recruting very well espically over the last couple years. The incoming freshman Manti Te'o is the one to watch this year. Number 1 rated defensive recruit in the nation and rumor has it in Transformers 2, Te'o is a stunt double for Optimus Prime:yes.

Ill be watching Cal alot this year aswell because I have Jahvid (I am going to win the Hesiman this year) Best on my fantasy team and he is without a doubt the most exciting player to watch in college football. He averaged 8.1 yards per carry last year (Most in the country among players with 125 carries or more) and ranked third in the country in rushing, averaging 131.67 ypg

On the SEC front i don't care who wins as long as its not Florida. Urban can go Myer himself. Hate that dude and of course Tebow is a douche. The SEC is probley the most fun confrence to watch. There is just something about Saturdays with Verne Lundquist/Gary Danielson/Tracy Wolfson that is second to none aswell as the passion for football in the South. Which is one of the reasons I hate living in Canada.:no

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Ill be watching Cal alot this year aswell because I have Jahvid (I am going to win the Hesiman this year) Best on my fantasy team and he is without a doubt the most exciting player to watch in college football. He averaged 8.1 yards per carry last year (Most in the country among players with 125 carries or more) and ranked third in the country in rushing, averaging 131.67 ypg
The only question I have about Best is how much of a difference did Alex Mack, the first center taken in the NFL draft, make in him getting that yard per average. But the guy is very fast so hopefully he does what he did before.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts