Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a Duh! moment for some of you but I've been out of school for a while. What is the first step to going to a university college. I haven't taken my SAT's yet so that would be first correct? Your advice and info on this processes and maybe even your experiences would be greatly helpful. Thanks. :sus

·
Registered
337 Posts
This may be a Duh! moment for some of you but I've been out of school for a while. What is the first step to going to a university college. I haven't taken my SAT's yet so that would be first correct? Your advice and info on this processes and maybe even your experiences would be greatly helpful. Thanks. :sus
Yes, I would study and register for the SAT. In the meantime, search universities that might interests you; find out what programs they offer. You should also go down to the university to speak with the counselor or admissions representative.

Find out the course schedules for whatever program of study you choose and plan accordingly.

Find out your strengths and weaknesses and work on strengthening those with in the field of academia.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm thinking that maybe someone in your position, assuming you would like to get a 4-year degree, might be better off starting at community college. In my opinion, it'll be an easier transition for you if you spend some time at community college, taking classes that suit your interests or career plan. You won't need to worry about taking the SAT or anything of the sort. As long as you've graduated high school or have your GED, I'm pretty sure you can get started at community college pretty quick. You might have to take a math, reading, or writing placement test but I don't think you do if you have your high school diploma (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here).

Then, once you've spent some time at community college, up to two full years or 64 credits, transfer to the university that you would like. If you've got a good GPA and whatnot, you should be able to get into the university of your choosing no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts