Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that people with Borderline Personality may have symptoms of Cognitive Perceptual. These symptoms can include the following:

•Suspiciousness
•Paranoid Thoughts
•Illusions - erroneous beliefs, concepts, or perceptions of reality. These are perhaps more commonly thought of as a delusional thoughts.
•Depersonalization - a state in which one no longer perceives the reality of one's self or environment. This is perhaps more commonly thought of as disassociation.
•Derealization - an alteration in perception leading to the feeling that the reality of the world has been changed or lost.
•Hallucinations

I can say that I have everything except for Depersonalization, Derealization, and Hallucinations. So does anyone know if it is possible for people with SA to also have Cognitive Perceptual?

I realize that I should be posting this on Secondary Disorders but I would have a hard time to keep track of my thread if I had to post on different forums.

·
Banned
497 Posts
I have read that people with Borderline Personality may have symptoms of Cognitive Perceptual. These symptoms can include the following:

•Suspiciousness
•Paranoid Thoughts
•Illusions - erroneous beliefs, concepts, or perceptions of reality. These are perhaps more commonly thought of as a delusional thoughts.
•Depersonalization - a state in which one no longer perceives the reality of one's self or environment. This is perhaps more commonly thought of as disassociation.
•Derealization - an alteration in perception leading to the feeling that the reality of the world has been changed or lost.
•Hallucinations

I can say that I have everything except for Depersonalization, Derealization, and Hallucinations. So does anyone know if it is possible for people with SA to also have Cognitive Perceptual?

I realize that I should be posting this on Secondary Disorders but I would have a hard time to keep track of my thread if I had to post on different forums.
absolutely, sa can make you paranoid and suspicious. lets say you used to get laughed at when you was a kid. now everytime you hear someone laugh you could be paranoid that they are making fun out of you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts