Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the doc put me on clonazepam for social anxiety 1 mg twice a day. But so far its doing nothing for my anxiety. Back in the day i took phenibut for my anxiety but i took it so long and build up such a tolerance that it didn't work anymore. I was thinking of try 2mg of clonazepam just once a day maybe what are your thoughts?

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Im also on 1mg twice daily of clonazepam but only works for my panic attacks not socail anxiety dont know why psychiatrists wont go the maoi route for sa. Ive tried ssris and paxil worked well for my sa. if you are going to up your dose of clonazepam I would let your doctor know so their wouldnt be any confusion.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
What I've found with benzos is that I need a pretty hefty dose to impact SA significantly; at least 1mg of clonazepam, and usually around 2mg. At these doses my mental function is screwed up so badly that it simply isn't worth it. I'll probably get someone come and reply that "not necessarily", but it took me a long stint of drug abstinence to see how truly moronic I was on benzos.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Klonopin is by no means a magic pill. If taking prn it can be helpful but like stated above i have to take higher doses to really take a big chunk out of my sa. By the time i reach the dose big enough to do away with my sa im sedated, drowsy, and tired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.