Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take 2mg of Clonazepam 1 or 2 times a week. Do you think at this rate there is any chance of me becoming dependant on this drug.

Or is there any chance of the drugs effectiveness not working as well.

I have been taken it recently due to an increase in stress for various reasons.
:sus

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
If your taking it only once or twice per week, then personally, no I don't think that it's going to cause dependance to any great extent.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I take 2mg of Clonazepam 1 or 2 times a week. Do you think at this rate there is any chance of me becoming dependant on this drug.

What kind of case do you have?

You might wanna check out my "lotra" post.

I think a lot of the dependence on a drug are nothing but habits. However, if you see a need to increase dosage as your body requires higher strength, then you should be careful.

I use my drugs when I absolutely must. I try to avoid it though, but it's tough.

It's natural for our bodies to 'seek' the drug because we know it will alleviate us.

·
Registered
440 Posts

Pretty much everyone on here except for me and Jim Morrison think that benzos will cause massive addiction, dependence, and other health issues if taken more than one time and if taken at a dose higher than .125 mg.

But seriously...no, except for specific subtypes of the population, i.e. moderate drinkers, elderly, it's not a risk to take a benzo every now and then at a dose like that. Although, to me, 2 mg of Klono is a lot for just starting out; do you think you could realize the same effects with a smaller dosage? or have you been using this before and 2 mg is not your first dose...?

·
Banned
196 Posts
Yeah 2mg is quite a bit. When I first started on it, 0.5mg gave me a decent enough hit... and now, after 2 months of regular use, i'll only need 2mg if i'm seriously anxious. Otherwise I'm phasing it down to 0.25mg per day.

To answer your questions, I think it really depends on your attitude as to whether you'll get addicted or not. And yes, the drug will gradually lose its effect, so you'll eventually need more to have the same impact.

But, if this only happens occasionally during a stressful period, I think it's ok to use it to calm down. I wonder if your tolerance decreases over time, in the 'calm' times (e.g. months) when you're not using it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

Well over the last 2 months I've been taking it twice a week almost everyweek. Sometimes once a week.

When I feel just a strong wave of anxiety envelope me I need a stronger dose to break through. When the anxiety is at a lower level then a dose of 1 mg will do.

But the one thing about this drug is it really works!

I think if I stick to taking it once a week, maximum twice. I think that is a good balance.

How long will it take signs of dependance to manifest after taking the drug?

Positive I couldn't find your lotra post. If you could post a link.

Thanks again for your replies.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys.

Well over the last 2 months I've been taking it twice a week almost everyweek. Sometimes once a week.

When I feel just a strong wave of anxiety envelope me I need a stronger dose to break through. When the anxiety is at a lower level then a dose of 1 mg will do.

But the one thing about this drug is it really works!

I think if I stick to taking it once a week, maximum twice. I think that is a good balance.

How long will it take signs of dependance to manifest after taking the drug?

Positive I couldn't find your lotra post. If you could post a link.

Thanks again for your replies.
Hm...dependence will show after 6 months or longer of any dose, or only 2 weeks of a higher dose. You'd have to use it straight pretty much though for the dependence to be worrisome, i.e. for withdrawal to be a *****. However, if you're drinking while on it, that's a different story; combining the two is kind of asking for trouble...how much trouble depends, but I wouldn't test it.

Klono is pretty damn strong, and I've felt relief from just .5 mg the whole day. The higher the dose, the more issue you'll have with dependence, so just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just want to make sure I don't become dependant on this drug. I know it can be hell.

Do you guys think limiting my dosage to 1.5 mg once a week will be safe. Just to take it when I really need it.

How long after taking a dosage will signs of dependance show up?

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
I've been taking 1mg 2-4 times per week for the last several months, and have had no problems with dependency. Whenever I take a longer break than usual I never feel any withdrawal effects.

If you only take it twice a week, you shouldn't form any habit or dependance to it, I don't think it's a major risk personally.
x2

How long after taking a dosage will signs of dependance show up?
Anywhere from 1-6 days due to its long half-life.

·
Banned
887 Posts
I would just say be careful! I was taking ativan this past year and before I new it got very dependent on it but I have a lot of addiction in my family and was taking more then your are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts