Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen a Clint Eastwood film. Today I sat and watched Gran Torino on Cinemax.

And boy, this movie affected me in a way I cannot explain. To me this film is the most honest and brilliant teaching of how to fight bullying, overcome injustice, insecurities and just overall be a man. Clint Eastwood's Walt is the sort of old man that you wish you knew when you were growing up. You should see the way he deals with the shy-pathetic teenager next door. How Clint helps him overcome some of his S.A.

If you are an S.A. male, I recommend you watch this movie. I know its just a movie, but watching this really put me in a good mood.

I know this is a movie, but I put this in the Coping Forum, because I believe any book / article / movie that can make one of us feel better about himself .. if worth sharing with the community.
It has a great message, but is not overly preachy about it.
Watch it, it will boost your confidence, or at least be entertaining.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Why would this movie make you feel more depressed ? Clint Eastwood is the kinda guy that pushes you to the brink of your S.A. its like exercising, you can only get stronger by going to the edge of your physical limit. You cannot make progress in S.A. without pushing yourself.

In the same way that having a personal trainer, helps with exercise, its the same way having someone purposefully pushing you to be more outgoing and bold ... is a good thing.

Yea ..we can sit back and say it was unrealistic, we can say "the kool girl would have never fallen for the boy that easily" but at the end of the day, every uplifting testimonial ( real of fictional ) can be looked at as lucky or unrealistic if you are cynical enough.

I for one, found the movie more uplifting than depressing. Even the end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.