Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BambiSlaughterBambiKill
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My doctor just put me on Cipralex for my social anxiety disorder. He said it takes a few weeks to work. I've only been on it for three days. All it has done so far is make me feel a bit dizzy. Has anyone had any experiences with Cipralex?

·
Registered
582 Posts
On it right now and it works well. Had some initial side effects such as nausea, headaches, decreased appetite and some bowel problems for about a week. I started to feel a bit better after a 2 days. It seems to sneak up on you and before you know it your having a lot more good days than bad ones. You will likely have some side effects for a few weeks while your body adjusts to it. Give it a couple weeks (usually 4-6) to see if it helps, not every drug is effective for everyone. If it doesn't help within a few weeks you may have to switch to another medication. It's kind of a hit or miss game with antidepressants.

·
Registered
881 Posts
it works well for social anxiety and all other anxiety...but unfortunatly it made me very tired, apathetic, and unable to concentrate. however in combination with Concerta/Adderall, it worked great. the two meds balanced each other out nicely. some people take it with Wellbutrin to counteract the feeling of apathy and having no emotion. but it is a useful med.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts