Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo my whole family is coming over and im really neverous about the ones I havent seen in awhile, I feel like I have to act as if Ive known them for a long ****ing time even though I havent but thats just what I think right now, at the time I act really awkward and ****. Since ive been in jail and in ****ing rehab I feel as if im going to be in the center of attention; since im 17 and i havent seen them for 2 years ive grown and **** and i hate those comments "AWWW ur grown up" and **** like wtf lol. when my family gathers and does all that ina room , I tend to avoid those situations by sitting in my mancave, haaha my room. I am prescribed Xanax but like it eliminates completly my "physical symptoms". like the stress more like, weight lifted off my shoulders; okay so Im relaxed. but mental wise I'm still somewhat paranoid but i dont know, I dont feel it. but I still jump the gun in every conclusion I make in my head. I always do the forecast thing in my head, whats next, whats next, wtf am I gonna say, when should I see them all and gather and whatnot for a bit. heres the thing; I got out of rehab nov7th, i was there for 3 months; i had to go to different shelters getting closer and closer to my city. I got on welfare and ****ing rented a place out for 450 (first/last paid), 900$. but I got paid 500$ cash!. STILL I didnt relapse, I was into EVERYTHING whatever got me high, gimme it!. I baught weed well, you know come on. bored as **** living in a ****hole with no internet but a tv and im still so far away from hometown, weed really isnt a problem it might be in the sense that im so ****ing careless about smoking it whereever (in the house), even though id probly get kicked out or something if i got caught. MY QUESTION IS; should I drink a beer or two if I really have to? . of course with just 1 xanax ( I got tolerance, kinnda)??? sorry i like to talk, i took my xanax like 30 mins ago. im serious though. peace out EDIT: sorry for all in info guys X.X ... thanks for reading peace out

·
Registered
398 Posts
There are more sensible options than xanax+alcohol... I wouldn't personally do it, because there's no need. If you really want to avoid it just pretend you're sick, you wouldn't want your family to find you in your room passed out.... that'd make things worse than they already are, I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm so like that too. When my family come over I feel so nervous and self-conscious and I never know what to say. I end up saying hi, standing there awkwardly for a few minutes while answering pointless questions and then quietly slipping out of the room so I can hide away in my room.

But this year I don't think too many people will make it over because we have crazy snow this year:D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Question should be: What the h*ll are you gonna do about the rest of your life?!! If you think you're suffering now, just stay on the path you're on and pretty soon your current situation will look pretty good in retrospect.

Maybe that's not the answer you're looking for, but you're not asking the right questions.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm so like that too. When my family come over I feel so nervous and self-conscious and I never know what to say. I end up saying hi, standing there awkwardly for a few minutes while answering pointless questions and then quietly slipping out of the room so I can hide away in my room.

But this year I don't think too many people will make it over because we have crazy snow this year:D
Lol, never thought of that, *hopes for more snow*

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

lmao dude, kind of sad but i'd look at it that way to haha. not to many people are coming over either which is good

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question should be: What the h*ll are you gonna do about the rest of your life?!! If you think you're suffering now, just stay on the path you're on and pretty soon your current situation will look pretty good in retrospect.

Maybe that's not the answer you're looking for, but you're not asking the right questions.
I'm on xanax currently now bro because I was heavily into chemicals, i was in rehab for 3 months called portage. the doctors say its most likly anxiety cause by all the e pills i abused by mainly snorting, acid, shrooms you name it whatever got me high. but im going to do therapy at a hosptiol in january, and im going to see a phychiatrist for the first time to get properly diagnosed (im not diagnosed with anything!, un diagnosed for 3 years, painfull self medicating)

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I've been down a similar drug path... though i've never been to jail or anything. Please don't drink when you're with your family. Please.

·
Registered
672 Posts
im going to see a phychiatrist for the first time to get properly diagnosed (im not diagnosed with anything!, un diagnosed for 3 years, painfull self medicating)
I hope all this goes well for you, take care, things can definitely get better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.