Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any Bible based books or counseling geared solely toward SA? I went to a Christian counselor the other day and was disappointed that she really didn't know much about SA at all or have any advice for me in this area. :blank

·
Fighting not flighting
311 Posts
Yeah I know, it is disappointing that the church (in my experience) is not really addressing SA or anxiety issues in general. Times are changing and there's so much information out there and support, its time for the church to get aboard as well. I have an idea, does anyone want to develop some Bible based media, material, support? I'm a graphic designer so I can help put it all together. Let me know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know, it is disappointing that the church (in my experience) is not really addressing SA or anxiety issues in general. Times are changing and there's so much information out there and support, its time for the church to get aboard as well. I have an idea, does anyone want to develop some Bible based media, material, support? I'm a graphic designer so I can help put it all together. Let me know.
That is an awesome idea! It really sparked something in me after seeing that counselor and not getting any help from her in this area. After struggling with SA for so long and not being able to find any Bible based help, I'm ready to write a book myself!! It would be cool if a bunch of us could work on this together and incorporate a variety of things that have helped us in our walks with Christ and our journeys with SA.

I believe that if He brings us to it, He will bring us through it. And even though I am in the middle of the storm right now, I know God will bring me to the other side. I know that He that is in me is stronger than he that is in this world!! :)

·
Fighting not flighting
311 Posts
Would love to do this. It's very necessary.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Thanks, I will have to check that out. :)
Great. They usually have the services at church and they even have Celebrate Recovery Bibles with scriptures and stories in it that can help anyone relate with what they are going through. The different meetings I have gone to they usually have a speaker once a month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts