Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clean their room,bathroom, and game room once a day.
Set or clear away dinner table once a day.
Wash dishes each day, every other week rotating basis.
Feed cats/clean litter box daily.
Do homework daily.
Do all their laundry once on every other week basis.

Doesn't seem like much, however, I still need to remind them often to do these things. Is it worth the hassle?

Also, my teens don't study. I need to teach them to do this. Gawd. I feel so much anxiety. I'm in knots because they won't study on their own, and I don't want to annoy them. What do you do when your teens have little motivation to do well in school?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
My son turns 11 on Oct 6th and I let him make his own chore chart. His duties that he chose for himself are (the beautiful part about me letting him make his own chart is that he doesn't get to complain about it - I actually wouldn't have given him this much lol).

Morning before he leaves for school at 7 a.m.

Wake up at 6 a.m. and take pill (his ADHD medication)
Get dressed, hair brushed, teeth brushed (general morning hygiene stuff)
Feed and water the inside cat and outside cats
Scoop out the litter box
Take out the trash
Water outside plants
Make sure all clothes are in the laundryroom
All dishes are in the sink
Walk to school

When he gets home at 2 p.m.

Snack
Do homework
Read for 15-30 minutes
Outside to play

Evening:

Shower/Bath
Scoop out the catbox
Make sure room is clean before bedtime (this generally just means the floor and bed are cleared)
To bed by 8 p.m.

He loves checking stuff of of his laminated chart. I love that he owns it and I don't have to hassle him about any of it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My son turns 11 on Oct 6th and I let him make his own chore chart. His duties that he chose for himself are (the beautiful part about me letting him make his own chart is that he doesn't get to complain about it - I actually wouldn't have given him this much lol).

Morning before he leaves for school at 7 a.m.

Wake up at 6 a.m. and take pill (his ADHD medication)
Get dressed, hair brushed, teeth brushed (general morning hygiene stuff)
Feed and water the inside cat and outside cats
Scoop out the litter box
Take out the trash
Water outside plants
Walk to school

When he gets home at 2 p.m.

Snack
Do homework
Read for 15-30 minutes
Outside to play

Evening:

Shower/Bath
Scoop out the catbox
Make sure room is clean before bedtime (this generally just means the floor and bed are cleared)
To bed by 8 p.m.

He loves checking stuff of of his laminated chart. I love that he owns it and I don't have to hassle him about any of it.
. . . wow, my kids have a really easy life. :O) My son's bus comes at 7:15 AM. I start trying to wake him at 6:55 AM. I dress him while he's half asleep and still in bed. He jumps up out of bed when we hear the bus, and I shove his backpack in his arms and push him out the door. Does this mean I won't be getting the mother of the year award? :roll

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I think you will do just fine as long as you give them plenty of hugs and kisses and make sure they know you love them. This was my son's idea after he saw a think on PBS about charts and I showed him how to use Excel on our home computer --- I'm sure he regrets getting carried away lol.

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
My son's bus comes at 7:15 AM. I start trying to wake him at 6:55 AM. I dress him while he's half asleep and still in bed.
LMAO, there's something about the thought of you dressing him while he's still half asleep that's really cute. :lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts