Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers, Everyone!

Thanks for this great site. I'm new here, but already feel an enormous amount of support and understanding. Feels like I can be myself and vent a bit. We can all benefit from eachother.

Short version of my story...I suffer from social anxiety and erythrophobia (fear of blushing). I stress over people judging and forming wrong opinions about me. I am very hard on myself for saying the wrong things or not saying enough. I often avoid social gatherings or particular situations/people. When I'm anxious in public or faced with a "trigger" situation, I become very flushed in the chest, neck, and cheeks. My skin becomes splotchy, tomato red and can last up to an hour, or until my emotion/anxiety is in control. I am so embarassed of my appearance, it makes me want to run away. When people comment on my skin color, it makes it even worse. I dread many social situations for this reason.

I'm searching for the best means of treatment WITHOUT medication. Been there and it's not for me. I just got health insurance and am trying to find a therapist to help me. If anyone out there suffers from erythrophobia, please say hello. I've never met anyone with this phobia and would love to hear about your struggles and successes.

I deeply appreciate the support on this website!!! See you around!

Chef Girl

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Chef Girl, welcome to :sas

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Hi Chef Girl, welcome to SAS! I also like to work on curing my SA without medication. The goal setting and postive thinking forums are great places to start with this.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ChefGirl! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts