Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi how is it going;

let me tell you about myself, I have had Social Anxiety Disorder for the last ten years. I lived with a Father that was very Domineering and demanding and when I told him that I needed help he told me that he knew what was best and that it would be embarrassing if I went to see a Psychiatrist.

So for ten years I suffered and I suffered badly, I worked and still work in retail and for people like us that is one of the worst professions to have with this disorder. So every day I would suck it up, till it got worse and worse, until one day it got so bad that I became very depressed and I didn't want to live anymore. I was finally was at the point where I didn't care what anyone thought and went to see a Psychiatrist.

Now the Psychiatrist has me on Celexa and things are looking better, I am starting to feel better about myself and now I am starting stand up to the bullies in my life.

I have joined this Support Group since it is always theraputic to talk about things with people who now what it is like to not have any control over your mind.

Cheers

·
Lost
275 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry about your dad. I admire you for sucking it up and working through your SA, thats an accomplishment in itself. I wish I could be so brave. :blank

I hope you enjoy your stay here, the people on here are always very supportive. :)

Good luck.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey citizenbonaparte, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
:wel to SAS!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts