Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://onely.org/2012/12/09/the-wife-date/#more-3812

:um

This is one of those weird things about on-line dating that I worry about. Most of the time, if you read their profile and send a few messages back and forth, you really know this person like it was a 6th or 7th date. Maybe even more intimate details than some people getting married would know.

Is this a bad thing or a good thing to know this much information so early? Does something become a deal breaker on the first date, that you might be more forgiving about if you found out about it after you had been going out for a few months or years?

And how to you prevent your mind from 'filling in the blanks' of this other person with the answers you want them to be?

·
Registered
550 Posts
If I had it my way I would ask every single detail of their past. I fell hard and fast for my last boyfriend because he had no past whatsoever.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
I would not go on a second date if someone asked me stilted questions like that. That reminds me of this bad interview I once had. Things need to be conversational.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Well, my list would be checked off and she will have moved on by that point.

The whole thing about meeting someone of the Internetz still creeps me out. I don't want to get Manti Te'o'ed. He is a good kid.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I think that kinda thing's silly. Of course people will have someone in mind, like funny or smart or w/e, but like some people have such crazy standards for a potential partner that the suitors won't be able to compare to this imaginary ideal they have in their mind. IDK if that's what checklist dating means (not really gonna read the article) but I figure just get the basics down (like if you have a good career and want someone with the same) and other than that don't get too crazy with the expectations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.