Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charles and Camilla are getting married on 9 April. This has caused some controversy in Britain.

Here's who we're talking about:

Prince Charles (heir to British throne, ex-husband of Princess Diana, who died in 1997) and long-term mistress Camilla Parker-Bowles

Princess Diana:

I think they should get married. We need another royal wedding! :banana

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard a bad joke about how little girls arent gona wanna be a princess no more if they have to look like her :um

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I think He should be able to marry whoever he wants, but then I should be able to marry whoever I want as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i dont care at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think it is highly hypocritical of them, especially as they were committing adultery for years. They both should have grown a backbone all those years ago, and if their love was apparently that strong, they should've stayed with each other then and not caused all the upset they did with their selfish actions.

It wouldn't surprise if they are not already married, and this is just a sham.

Furthermore, suppose Charles was to die: can you imagine the "protocol" nightmare of having his mistress standing over the coffin? As his wife, they could hardly deny her access.

I think it's disgusting they stripped Diana of her HRH title, and yet this "commoner" will be having all sorts, just because she bedded a spineless wonder.

If they want to get married, fine: but they can't then also expect to play the "oh, I must stand by my royal duty" card and expect people to accept them. He is not fit to be King.

I'm sick of hearing about the wedding; I think if they want to go off and be happy, fine, but leave the rest of the country out of it.

heh, I guess that's a: yes, no and couldn't care less all mixed together?

Personally, I think the French had the right idea regarding their royal family...;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
penguin said:
Personally, I think the French had the right idea regarding their royal family...;)
Send 'em all to the guillotine!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GermanHermit said:
... I strongly dislike constantly hearing spiteful remarks about her looks in the media. I might need new glasses but she's neither ugly nor does she come across as some cow from what I've seen on tv.
:agree It's pretty nasty, what they say about her, and I can't see what's supposed to be wrong with her looks.

Penguin wrote:
He is not fit to be King
I think that you have to look at him as one of a long line of monarchs. Because of media interest, we know a lot more about his private life and personal views (too much, IMO) than was the case with previous monarchs. So he probably compares less favorably than the others. He's certainly not the first to be an adulterer. Many of his predecessors had mistresses, and that was while they were married to their queens. Henry VIII got divorced or chopped his wife's head off when he wanted to remarry (Anne Boleyn was his mistress before he married her and she subsequently got the chop along with another later wife). So I don't think that Charles is that unfit in historical terms. But he doesn't compare too well to his mother, largely I think because we don't know the details of her private life or her personal views.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agreed, he is not the first (nor the last) to commit adultery, and you make a good point about opinions and whatnot.

That said: as King, he is supposed to be defender of the faith and all that jazz.

As I said: he's a hypocrite and I have no time for those.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can't stand the guy - he's a joke. His behaviour to Diana was appalling (even if she wasn't a saint herself). His mother isn't going to the wedding, so I'm not going either!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
penguin said:
... as King, he is supposed to be defender of the faith and all that jazz...
Yes, it's going to look pretty odd having him as head of the Church of England. :con

PuzzledMike wrote:
His mother isn't going to the wedding, so I'm not going either!
Good for you, Mike! Nice to know you have your standards! :lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wonder what costume prince Harry is going to wear to the wedding. Obersturmbahnfuhrer this time?

Seriously, I don't care. I'm sick of all the attention the media gives these medieval relics.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
After experiencing the exact same thing personally (as a child like William and Harry - I am the elder of two sons), I would say yes - I think this will work out.

Background:
My father and stepmother dated between 1965-1967, but broke up while my dad was in the Army because she didn't want to wait for him to return in 1968. She showed me scrapbooks she made from back then, so you know there was something to this relationship.

She married in 1970 and has three children.
My dad married my mom in the summer of 1972.
(aside: they day they taped the pilot of the "New" Price is Right, by the way!)
My parents divorced in the spring of 1998, and she divorced in 1999.
They remet in 2002, got engaged in 2003 (I met her the day they got engaged), and married this past December. She knows about my SA and I actually get along with her better then her own kids!
I do also get along with two of her three kids (32, 29, 27); the other I only met recently.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
It's obviously true love. With all his money & fame he could get virtually any woman he wanted, yet he choose one who is neither young nor attractive, so at least one rich guy married for true love and not to get a trophy wife.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts