Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
No one on tv or off. I had a huge problem when such a topic came up for school papers. Role model? You mean all those adults being morons, hypocrites, gossips, and making more mistakes than me while yelling at me for minor stuff. Stepdad frequently blamed things on me when I did nothing just because he was too insecure to be wrong. My mom always had some mean comment to make about everyone including strangers walking by which made me want to plug my ears and block out her voice. My teachers let my peers harass me horribly and even physically beat me up a few times and when I tried to defend myself (fairly passively not like hitting anyone) I got yelled at, dragged out of the room once, my mom called, etc... while they got away with everything short of murder. Or do we mean those completely fake people on tv who are being played by people that make even worse role models than the general adult population. How do you look up to an imaginary character anyway?

Adults were nothing good growing up. With age does not always come wisdom or maturity and I seem to attract the immature idiots of any age group throughout my whole life.

·
slave
4,382 Posts

Her. I first got introduced to the show when I was 8 years old and immediately I felt drawn to her. I was amazed by her intelligence, courage, and her loyalty and I really admired her for how she always fought for the underdog and I thought, "Whoa, I want to be her."

Still to this day she (along with the actress who played her) still has a soft spot in my heart.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, I don't look up characters from television. But, I have identified with characters from novels. Particularilly, the nazi from Mother Night (Vonnegut), and some Dostevyosky characters. Correct my spelling if you must. Real people are often quite interesting--more than fictional people. It's a good idea to check them out if you're looking for someone to model parts of yourself on. Note that relating to isn't the same as wanting to be like. Some real people that I would like to be like are: Noam Chomsky, (dead) Paul Erdos. I relate to Chomkky more than Erdos, though. Erdos was a major extravert. Sadly, if we're math nerds with anxiety issues, we're most likly to identifiy with Cantor..

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Although not a TV character, Jello Biafra.

Lovely bit of prankster, politics, and intelligence, all rolled into one.

·
absurdinista
3,011 Posts
I don't know if she's my "role model" or whatever, but Donna in that 70's Show is awesome. She's one of the few female characters that I like that isn't pessimistic and disillusioned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts