Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very small white charcoal drawings < 12cm high (the paper grain can be seen despite it being smooth paper). I haven't posted anything in over a year. Might take them down.

Am going to work on one more hand one to give away.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
These are ****ing amazing, aces, bro.

·
inactive
4,029 Posts
You have one of the most incredible grasps of the charcoal medium that I've ever seen. It's rare that I'm blown away by user submitted art on here but yours gets me every time. That level of detail for the size you're working at is just astounding. Please don't take it down.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Please, do NOT take these down. they are beautiful. I hope you can put some of your work in galleries this coming year.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
You are so talented! I really love charcoal drawings, and yours really are the best I've seen. The detail is amazing. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I do enjoy looking at the details of the last drawing. Very nice. Thanks for posting them. I hope you leave them up.

·
miles away
1,217 Posts
Yes, you are very talented! These almost look like photographs!

·
Bionic Commando
375 Posts
When ever you post stuff it always motivates me to improve even more, Keep up the work.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Very nice drawings..i like your approach using charcoal softly..gives it more depth and realism.. :)

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I think they look better than photographs. Lots of people can draw something so realistically that the drawing looks like a photograph, but you, whether intentionally or not, put an atmospheric, emotive quality of your own into your work. that elevates it. I think I could recognize your charcoal drawings anywhere.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you like them. Thanks for the comments.

Nice work. I think the paper texture adds an element of warmth.
I'd not thought of it like that. Good.

When ever you post stuff it always motivates me to improve even more, Keep up the work.
Very good that it inspires others' work.

sarafinanickelbocker said:
How do you store them?
I leave them in the spiral bound art pad.

Very nice drawings..i like your approach using charcoal softly..gives it more depth and realism.. :)
I'd not thought of it like that before.

I think they look better than photographs. Lots of people can draw something so realistically that the drawing looks like a photograph, but you, whether intentionally or not, put an atmospheric, emotive quality of your own into your work. that elevates it. I think I could recognize your charcoal drawings anywhere.
An artist once told me this (but not the recognition part). I don't see much of anything positive that could result from displaying drawings in a gallery. I'm ambivalent enough just posting them anonymously here because of the negative feelings (and occasional spite) it can inspire. People read all sorts of things into your motives for sharing a drawing and that's why I usually avoid the hassle. They can twist something positive like managing to share a drawing into something negative and ugly. That's partly why I was tempted to not leave them up the weekend, but changed my mind when you insisted otherwise.

This is where I come from with drawing - I attribute any perceived skill to local processing bias (a cognitive trait associated with autism). I'm not serious about drawing and do it for fun - these are the first I've done in months. I've posted the bulk of what I've produced since my schooldays in my profile here at some point. It really isn't much output and I don't make much of an effort (maybe I'd produce something good otherwise). It might infuriate some who see skill in them, but that's their issue. I don't have much interest in art as a subject and have little idea how these charcoals compare to those of others. I draw for myself and only bother with subjects that have meaning to me rather than to others or what's expected. Until my 30s, I didn't think to show anyone things. Showing them has been eye opening. Anyway, enough of this nonsense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts