Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't mean degree, diplomas, GCSE's or whatever fanciful names you can give to a graduate certificate.

I literally meant it as 'certificate' course when I said it.

Do you honestly think such plain certificate course would boost a resume better? Or perhaps, actually get something out of it? Say like...you study 3 months for it. And at the end of the day, you would get a certificate indicating you completed the course.

Of course, it's something relevant to the working world (like HR, business etc.) Not some seminar learning how to deal with people etc.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
I didn't mean degree, diplomas, GCSE's or whatever fanciful names you can give to a graduate certificate.

I literally meant it as 'certificate' course when I said it.

Do you honestly think such plain certificate course would boost a resume better? Or perhaps, actually get something out of it? Say like...you study 3 months for it. And at the end of the day, you would get a certificate indicating you completed the course.

Of course, it's something relevant to the working world (like HR, business etc.) Not some seminar learning how to deal with people etc.
Hey, Hot chocolate.
I'm trying to find things like this as well. The only thing that I've been able to find are the Duke of Ediburgh award (which, if I remember correctly, you do for about 6 months for the bronze award).
Hm, I think there's also alot of volunteering opportunities you can do as well which give you a certificate.
Also, sometimes big business companies offer training courses/work experience. It's seriously worth a shot because they may end up actually liking you and taking you on board.
If you know of any more, please share :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts