Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -
So here's my situation. I agreed to do this 'modelling' show at a small community museum i used to work at. A woman is coming in to talk about accessories/etc from the turn of the century and needs people to model them for her - and originally i thought it was that a bunch of us would be sitting on stage with her, but now i realize that theres going to be a runway (albeit small...this is a small town) so yeah, the show it tomorrow. this is going to be more nerve-wracking than orignially thought and i just wanted a bit of support/stories/tips

anything would be helpful!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm not sure about advice, I know myself i'd probably be bright red walking along the runway, the only thing I can think of is something I did to help pass my driving test when I kept failing due to intense nerves. The night before the test I sat in my room with the lights out, relaxed, and then closed my eyes and pictured myself going through the whole of the next day, from waking up, right through to taking the test (this part I actually imaged in real time - I imagined every last detail, making sure it took as long as the actual test would take), imagining it all going right and that I had supreme confidence, and passing the test, coming home to tell my parents and them being really happy for me. You know what? the next day I passed my test with almost no marks against me. I just knew that I was good enough and that I would pass, and didn't feel nervous in the slightest. You could apply this to your situation - imagine going to the show knowing you're good enough to be up there modelling, and that you're going to be great. See yourself actually up there on the runway, full of confidence and knowing you look and feel great. You need to really picture everything going right, in as much detail as you can. The key is to make your mind truly believe you are going to do great, and you will do.

Good luck AriesTrying, I know you'll be great :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts