Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Central Iowa Friendships

Hi everyone! I am looking for friends in Central Iowa. I can't be the only person with SA here in the Des Moines area.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
I am originally from the Des Moines area. I grew up in the county to the east of Des Moines. I went to college in Des Moines and worked for awhile there until I moved to the U.P. of Michigan.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I don't go to des moines much because I have no reason. I can get everything in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids and most anyone I know is willing to drive to Iowa City to hang out for a weekend. I actually know someone (not a friend of mine) who drives from Des Moines to here in West Liberty every week to hang out with his friends that moved here. My sister goes to college in Ames and drives back here every month. Driving distances in Iowa is just kind of normal if you want to do anything. It's 30mins at 60mph or more from here to any restaurant or store worth mentioning.

Finding 3 Iowa people on the same forum is impressive enough. Usually I'm all alone. :(

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
ok cool...wish you were here so we could hang out!
Yeah that would be cool. I haven't been back to Iowa since moving up here in late 1995. My parent's ended up selling their house and moving up here too. They still get back once in awhile to go to the doctors. Actually they are in Des Moines right now. My mom had to go see the Orthopedic doctor at Mercy Hospital about her bad knees, and dad had to go to the eye doctor. The doctors suck up here so my parent's just kept their doctors back there and make a yearly trip down there. It is a 14 hour drive from here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts