Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been taking celexa for three months. I seem to be sleeping randomly in the middle of the day more and more, is this from the celexa? I wake up at like 6am for a while and end up falling asleep again later, not by choice for either of those. I rather be alert and awake during the day. What can I do to change this?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had all kinds of weird problems with Lexapro. I always felt so tired, but it gave me this weird tendency to stay up for excessive periods of time. At one point, I was staying awake the entire night, going to school, and then coming home and going to sleep. It was crazy.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I was taking prozac and it caussed me to sleep in a lot. In fact, I had to drop a class because of it. Then again, within the passed few years I've dreaded waking up from sleep more and more because I don't want to face life so that may be a part of it too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been on Celexa for 2 months now & it does make me drowsy as well as sleep weird hours. I do take it at night now to help with that a bit
How did you change from taking it at morning to night? Without skipping pills? I think I would like to try changing the times. The timing of my sleep is getting to be too much that it is affecting my everyday life. Thanks for all of you who responded! Sounds like it's not just me with this sleeping issue.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
SSRIs in general didn't exactly make me drowsy; they just sapped away all my "drive" so it took immense effort to do the smallest of things. I ended up becoming pretty lazy.

I did experience some drowsiness with Prozac at the start, which is why nighttime dosing is a good idea for that.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,297 Posts
How did you change from taking it at morning to night? Without skipping pills?
I actually just skipped one day to switch which know isn't recommended but I thought trying was worth it. Now that I began seeing a psychiatrist he has mentioned that many people get drowsiness with Celexa & said taking it at night is what he suggests for those experiencing that as well

·
Registered
186 Posts
How did you change from taking it at morning to night? Without skipping pills?
You don't need to "skip" to change from morning to night. Instead of taking the pill in the morning, at your normal time, take it in the evening. The 8-10 hour difference should not be a problem for you, unless maybe you're taking Effexor. When I was taking Lexapro, I could skip a day or two without much of a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts