Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think he has deleted his account. Just hope he's OK.

For those of you who don't know, Cavemanslaststand was/is a very interesting senior member here, talented comedian, poet, writer and thoughtful poster to those in need.

Caveman, if you are reading, let us know you are OK at least.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Present. Stressful weekend due to too many active projects:

* Day-job = Deadlines (modified a scan program that fixes some bank services across the US. Debugged a C++ pass by reference as opposed to pass by pointer to a pointer issue that messed up some of the production operations).

* Night job = Had a deadline to submit a minor script change for a cartoon. Beginning to feel more like a chore given day job deadlines.

* Contract job = Modified GUI front end for biomed device. Under pressure to complete this.

POST EDIT: Another person in my group was fired last week too, so that added even more stresses to deadlines.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sorry you had a bad week caveman but I'm glad it was just that.:clap

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Present. Stressful weekend due to too many active projects:

* Day-job = Deadlines (modified a scan program that fixes some bank services across the US. Debugged a C++ pass by reference as opposed to pass by pointer to a pointer issue that messed up some of the production operations).

* Night job = Had a deadline to submit a minor script change for a cartoon. Beginning to feel more like a chore given day job deadlines.

* Contract job = Modified GUI front end for biomed device. Under pressure to complete this.

POST EDIT: Another person in my group was fired last week too, so that added even more stresses to deadlines.
Lazarus is back! Praise the lord! But you did delete you account didn't you? Your posts dissappeared...or am I going senile already at this tender age?

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I am indeed trying to remove some of my old diseased posts.

It's a constant struggle between happy posting streaks followed by depressive self-censorship in the persuit of being perfect neandertron.

They don't allow me to delete my account and only allow banning mechanisms. If so, would have deleted myself long ago. I'm definitely trying to clean my account.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I am indeed trying to remove some of my old diseased posts.

It's a constant struggle between happy posting streaks followed by depressive self-censorship in the persuit of being perfect neandertron.

They don't allow me to delete my account and only allow banning mechanisms. If so, would have deleted myself long ago. I'm definitely trying to clean my account.
I want to delete (and have deleted) some of my posts too. Sometimes it's cathartic to put stuff out there, but it's also depressing as hell.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I want to delete (and have deleted) some of my posts too. Sometimes it's cathartic to put stuff out there, but it's also depressing as hell.
Try not to be so hard on yourself. All your posts have made me smile.

Besides, you have 10-0 Green Bay Packers to look foward too, whereas on Sundays I can only look forward to Antiques Roadshow on PBS.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Try not to be so hard on yourself. All your posts have made me smile.
Thank you. This made my day. I am probably too hard on myself. Is this a feature of those of Scandinavian descent?

Besides, you have 10-0 Green Bay Packers to look foward too, whereas on Sundays I can only look forward to Antiques Roadshow on PBS.
Let's hope it's 11-0 after the game on Thursday. :boogie

I'm sending you a PM re: Diablo Cody now that I know you're a writer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts