Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else better to know the answer to this question than the people who are experiencing it, right? So what are your theorys?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Honestly the only solution I've thought of is alcohol. I'm too afraid to do therapy and I don't believe in it anyway, so what else am I supposed to do.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
The cause of my SA was repeated bad experiences with friends and peers while I was growing up (and again when I came online); I was ignored and rejected enough times that I learned to keep to myself and to be anxious of interacting with others.

As for a cure...sorry, I haven't anything useful to suggest. :no Meds and therapy didn't help me.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nothing have you ever heard of anybody cured from SAD?
No its just people trying to sell you books on how they cured the SA they never had. Even if you do cure your SA your always going to be awkward the only difference without the SA is that now your not embarassed about how awkward you are.
In conclusion either way SA will always be there to **** with your life regardless of who you are what psychologist you see and what meds you take.
Thats the truth.

·
Registered
350 Posts
There is no cure for anxiety because anxiety is a natural emotion all humans experience but our case of anxiety is greater than regular humans. To help lessen the anxiety, I think it all comes down to self esteem, and loving who you are. Once you build your self esteem and love who you are, the anxiety will lessen. Of course that is easier said than done.

·
lagrimas negras
1,763 Posts
When i was first diagnosed with SAD i was kind of excited cos i thought ok now i know what the problem is so i can finally get some help ( find a cure) WRONG. Meds just made me sick and therapy didn't help cos one of my therapist was pretty much clueless and the next one didn't really care.
Hope things work out for you though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think i took in all the negativity around me and i became a negative person, but i never insult or make fun of anyone , is just that people with negativity continue to be around me and,yea,,its hard to get out of the hole

1 - 10 of 10 Posts