Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I lurk in this forum quite a bit... partly because it makes me feel better to see how far I've come compared to the attitudes and behaviors that I used to have.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I've been following the online lectures of a Social Psychology course at UC Berkeley which have really helped me put my social life and social presence into proper perspective.

To keep this short I'll just plead that you guys watch the final lecture, from 5 May, titled "Carpe Diem". If you want to delve deeper, check out the rest of the semester too. Here's the address: http://webcast.berkeley.edu/course_details_new.php?seriesid=2009-B-81852&semesterid=2009-B

If that doesn't work, you can find the course at webcast.berkeley.edu (Sociology 150A)

Highly, highly recommended. The lecturer is fun and the subject matter is particularly insightful for a person like me... and I assume you guys will find it equally interesting.

Basically, whether we like it or not, we're social creatures and the main source of happiness comes from relationships that we have with other people. Answer that phone, go to that party; short term it's easier to practice avoidance, but long term these will be some of your greatest regrets. I don't want my life to become a series of "what-ifs"...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to listening to this tomorrow. :)

In one of the early lectures he mentions that he used to be painfully shy, which made me smile when I heard it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I go to this forum because although I hate seeing people in here go through struggles, I do know that other people are experiencing a lot of the same things that I do, and I like to read what they say. I find myself thinking when I read a persons topic, "I can relate to that".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts