Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A career fair was held at our town hall, decided to go along, at the very least it would shut the people at the job centre up. Plus, something might come of it. The usual rubbish at the door, free newspaper, sweets, energy drink. Then I saw a list of the exhibitors, there was the job centre, a charity, and a college offering courses. The main job fair for a city with over half a million people had a grand total of four employers. Two were the army and the navy. One was an outsourcing firm, for the life of me I stall haven't clue about exactly what they did. The worst was a company that claimed it paid you just to chat, their cubicle was covered in pictures of their staff night out. Even a cleavage shot one of their employees. The whole was being sold like a club med holiday, not a job. I found it out it was actually cold calling people to sell them mobile phones. No thanks. That was it, that is the job market for my home town.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Economy is so bad that employers don't need to look for employees. There are thousands of people with a good level of education willing to take on even the low paying entry level jobs. People can afford to be really picky about who they hire now. I know there are people who expect to make fifty grand and over, straight out of college. Very unrealistic.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Economy is so bad that employers don't need to look for employees. There are thousands of people with a good level of education willing to take on even the low paying entry level jobs. People can afford to be really picky about who they hire now. I know there are people who expect to make fifty grand and over, straight out of college. Very unrealistic.
Yeah my sisters boyfriend is like that, except he expected to make 70k. At the moment there aren't even minimum wage jobs were I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts