Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today for the first time in a while i decided to really start getting serious about my diet and exercise. I usually weight train 5 times a week but today i started doing cardio (jumprope for 15 min) at a real high intensity and felt my anxiety almost completely go away after doing it! I havent felt this good in a while and i thought id post here to let you guys know how it really reduces my anxiety. If you want to know more about the cardio its called hiit cardio.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Cardio is great! After a long workout I feel so calm (I usually don't do the really high intensity stuff though). I love the cartoon, by the way :)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I'm totally with you! I remember when I found out that just doing 30 pushups was enough for me to burn off adrenaline and cortisol so my physical anxiety would decrease in that moment. I remember joking with my psychologist about wishing I could just drop and do 30 whenever I was anxious...like on a date. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember joking with my psychologist about wishing I could just drop and do 30 whenever I was anxious...like on a date. :D
lol that might actually work to get rid of some anxiety hmm..

brb doing pushups on date lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
I definetly identify, playing competetive basketball works for me, its like a meditation to a degree because I am completely focused and aware but at the same time relaxed and havning fun. That was until I pulled my groin last week hehe..ouch!

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
High intensity interval training would be a temporay euphoric feeling as I would get a runners high doing: 3 mintue jogging, 30 second sprinting, 15 second jogging, 60 second sprinting, than repeat for like 10 times for cardiovascular health.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
today i started doing cardio (jumprope for 15 min) at a real high intensity and felt my anxiety almost completely go away after doing it!
Roger that :) I always feel worry-free after doing cardio. Luckily, my wife also runs, otherwise I would end up rotting in my room instead of doing it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm totally with you! I remember when I found out that just doing 30 pushups was enough for me to burn off adrenaline and cortisol so my physical anxiety would decrease in that moment. I remember joking with my psychologist about wishing I could just drop and do 30 whenever I was anxious...like on a date. :D
I always have my "pushups handles" (so you don't put too much pressure on your wrists daily) with me and add one pushup a day. I started with 5 a few weeks back and am now at 40 again and so proud :) It's easily done, as you mentioned, anywhere, and steams of everything and gives you a self-confidence boost (testosterone?).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts