Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my really really close friends I end up losing touch after 4 years.
I've only had three friends like that and I've forced two of them to be my friend.
But now I have no one. I keep trying to make friends online and meet people but I usually talk with them at most 3 days then nothing.
I have such a hard time keeping friends. I don't know what's too personal so I keep things light or I decide to go for it and I share too much and I creeped out the other person.

I need some help. And some friends. And a social life.
(Y'all can txt me if you want, PM for number)

·
Registered
538 Posts
stop focusing on making friends.. start focusing on making a life. Kick *** at your job/study, dont give a F about anyone else just meet up and do your thing.

find a sport you find interesting and deside that you are going to rule at it. Find a local team and do it +3 times a week, dont focus on socializing, focusing on become as good as possible ASAP.

find a hobby, art, music, fashion, games whatever and do that +2 times a week, also just focusing on becoming as good as possible ASAP.

read the newspaper, get informed, know about politics, anatomy, Nutrition, global events, fun facts, be a person that knows stuff, be curious about the World.

start meditatiting, do 5 min. for 30 days straight, then 10 min. for another 30 days. Build it up to 20 min. like that. Read books about it, online guides, attent local classes.

take care of yourself, I see you are 18 yr old and Young as ****. Get fit, eat healthy, join a gym, do some cardio, take a swim.

read books, cut away your use of tv and computersurfing. Read something that inspires you, motivates you and empowers you. Self help, psychology, philosophy.

start reading books about happiness, confidence and especially about depressions and anxiety(social anxiety). Get informed about it. Find a self help course that provides daily exercises to stopping you from thinking yourself Down, how to raise your self esteem.

sit Down and reflect, week by week or month by month. Ask yourself "what have I done this last week/month on productive Things? Have I gotten any closer to my goals? How does X-Things make me feel?" "What do I want out of life?"

Find somekind of class where you are forced to speak infront of others and challenge yourself. A book Club, public speaking class, toast masters, comedy Club, acting class, improv class.

If it is to much then start out small and build your way up, cut away Things/people that are holding you back, empower yourself with motivational books, music and videos.

Why all this? because A. You are lonely and depressed. You need to move all the negative energy away and get your focus on nuturing yourself instead. Achieve somehing in life, be a killer, Work hard +15 hours a day, every single day, dont give up, commit yourself or sit and Watch your Whole life flash by.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
538 Posts
When it comes to loneliness and being friendless it is a total Paradox - the more you try to fight it, the stronger it becomes. Instead you should accept that Things may not go how you want them to go, being fully okay with that and suddenly alot of all the depression and sadness get released from your mind. Its like going to an exame or doing a public speaking, the more we think about it beforehand, the more nervous we get, higher expantations we get and more anxious we get. If you just relax and have a open attitude about it, we will success.

Instead of trying to be the version of yourself that you think OTHERS will enjoy, become instead the best version of yourself that YOU enjoy.

That is why I have listed so many activitys above you should do instead. They are all healthy, challenging, fun, interesting and most important - they tribute to grow as a person. You may not wanna do them Things, but take my overall advice to find something more productive and healthy to do other than sitting feeling pitty for yourself not having any friends. A strong, healthy mind is needed if you wanna make any friends. First when you start loving yourself, others can love you as well.

:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I keep trying to make friends online and meet people but I usually talk with them at most 3 days then nothing
I don't know if online friends should even be considered real friends or just people you know. The only thing you really need to have in common to have a friend is to enjoy spending time with them. But if you don't spend time with them, at least not in real life, then I guess it would be pretty hard to maintain a friendship.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I honestly have the same problem, I know how frustrating it is. I also envy people with friends and can't seem to understand the magic formula that allows people to connect. But the thing is, you've done it before - you're capable of doing it again.

This might sound crazy, but enjoy doing things alone for a little. Work on making yourself happy, finding your own interests, and being daring enough to do things alone. The best I've ever felt was when I decided to venture off alone - not only did I have a great time, but I had some fun interactions with people that I might not have had if I was with another person.

I honestly think that by doing this, not only will you feel better about yourself and have less of a "void" to fill with friendship, but I even think you'll attract people this way, and it'll be people with the same values and interests.

I personally keep an online journal. I may not have people to talk to about my day, but I still get to "get it all out" and have made some year-long friendships with people that comment on my life, and I can do it back to theirs. I use prosebox.net.

If you'd like, since I struggle with the same thing, feel free to PM me! We can chat sometimes if you want!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts