Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blushed profusely during one interview and not at all during another; the haunting memory of the former hinders me from finding work. For blushers, do you find your blushing most intense during interviews?

·
Just me.
63 Posts
Definately. Interviews are tough.

Increasing the amount of foundation makeup sometimes helps to cover up the red glow.

·
Registered
91 Posts
omg its awful. i am so discouraged i cant even consider interviewing right now...i turn bright red and SWEAT. thats the worst part and not being able to put my thoughts into words without sounding like a complete idiot.

good luck im sure youll do just fine just take some deep breaths meditate or whatever calms you before you go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
People suffer from an illness which causes blushing of the checks in a really severe way, Rosesia. No one knows its your SA causing you to blush and I knew someone who had this severe blushing in high school and I never really thought much of it.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Blushing used to happen to me in general, but it eventually goes away with practice, I've found. And, you also noted that it has not happened at every interview you've ever been to. Just do your best to relax and let go of the outcome of the situation; if the employer wants to hire you, that is what they will do. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i totally know where you're coming from.
ive put off getting a job for over two years now...i just keep telling my parents im too busy with school because they dont understand.
id love to work but my biggest fear is getting into that interview room and getting asked questions and then next thing ya know, my face is brigghhhttt red.
ughhh its so awful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I'm definitely someone who blushes a lot. Sometimes I blush around people I'm comfortable with and know very well. The thing about blushing during a job interview; I think most people who have the ability to blush at all would blush at an interview. Most people are nervous during job interviews and employers expect that. They want to see confidence; but more importantly, they want to know if you're the right match for the position. The worst thing would be to close up and stop talking if you're blushing. I think what messes a lot of people up is the shame behind blushing. When they blush, they tend to close up and feel embarressed. I used to do this a lot. I started to notice if, when I started blushing, I did everything in my power to stay engaged in the conversation, that it really wasn't such a big deal after all. Some people notice it, while others don't; but what's really important is knowing that there's nothing to be ashamed of. The idea is not to despise that fact that you blush in the first place. I've just learned to accept that I do and there's a lot of power in acceptance. Plus, as a side note, a lot people find blushing attractive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts