Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate my life. I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HATE it.

I cannot get a job, no matter how hard I try something just seems to "click" that causes bad luck for me. I hate the town I live in. I wish I was someone else. I don't like who I am very much, at least not right now, I need some advice.

I live in a small town, how do I go about getting a job in a small town like this? I am going insane, so immediate suggestions are recommended. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried looking in other cities for jobs? Have you thought of moving out of this town you live in? You could pack up and move to a new place and get a fresh start. If you hate it as much as you say you do, what do you have to lose?

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried looking in other cities for jobs? Have you thought of moving out of this town you live in? You could pack up and move to a new place and get a fresh start. If you hate it as much as you say you do, what do you have to lose?
I have looked in other towns, nothing right now. Can't relocate at the moment because I can't drive, but I will be moving in a year or two.

No public transport in this town either. Don't have enough money for cabs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you not drive because you're not old enough or because you don't have a license/car? If the case is that you're not old enough, then sweetheart you need to enjoy the time you have before you have to act like a grown up with responsibilities other than paying for gas.

I can understand wholeheartedly the need to get out of the house and away from family, and a part time job is great for that. What kind of places have you applied to? A big thing about getting a job is persistence, if they don't think you want it, they're going to give it to someone who does.

There may be certain jobs out there that you don't want to do for one reason or another, but you never know what those things could lead to. It's a starting point of at least getting out of this pit you find yourself in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts