Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was never a full on extrovert, but I used to go out on weekends, had a group of friends to get drunk with, smoke weed with and stuff. But the last 4 years Ive drifted apart and kinda got left behind due to my social incompetence. They would get gfs regularly and I was stuck never going past the first dates (I met some girls drunk, but then when I had to meet them sober it sucked) I never knew how to handle teasing, but it just got worse till the point where going to hang out/parties become more of a anxiety ridden chore (because thats Im supposed to do to be normal) than something fun... Fast forward to now, even when I get invited to a party or something, I find myself thinking of all the "social dangers" that could happen (like being stuck with ppl I dont know well and have to chit chat them or getting teased in front of ppl, etc.) and up dreading it so much that I end up staying at home. See, I dont know why, but staying at home smoking weed alone and playing video games seems like so much funner and more peaceful than going out, but at the same time it feels Im wasting my life away (im 25) and in some years there arent going to be any parties to go to... Is this depression or something? or the anxiety just changed how my brain works

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you just need to find the right niche. There are HELLA people out there like you and me, females included, who would rather sit at home and smoke and play video games all night.

Thats why I feel like I'm really lucky I found the friends I did here at college because that's what we all like to do, just chill and play video games and of course smoke some bowls haha

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was never a full on extrovert, but I used to go out on weekends, had a group of friends to get drunk with, smoke weed with and stuff. But the last 4 years Ive drifted apart and kinda got left behind due to my social incompetence. They would get gfs regularly and I was stuck never going past the first dates (I met some girls drunk, but then when I had to meet them sober it sucked) I never knew how to handle teasing, but it just got worse till the point where going to hang out/parties become more of a anxiety ridden chore (because thats Im supposed to do to be normal) than something fun... Fast forward to now, even when I get invited to a party or something, I find myself thinking of all the "social dangers" that could happen (like being stuck with ppl I dont know well and have to chit chat them or getting teased in front of ppl, etc.) and up dreading it so much that I end up staying at home. See, I dont know why, but staying at home smoking weed alone and playing video games seems like so much funner and more peaceful than going out, but at the same time it feels Im wasting my life away (im 25) and in some years there arent going to be any parties to go to... Is this depression or something? or the anxiety just changed how my brain works
I am just like this! (except for the weed lol) I always wondered if I was the only person who felt this way!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts